• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing Marvel digital code
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone come across a current Marvel comic without the digital code where it should be?  Just flipping through an issue of Venom 26 and notice the digital code was not put in the book.  Would this be graded differently?  Would CGC note the missing label? Would love to know if anyone else has come across this, my first time seeing this.

20200729_131406.jpg

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I think we discussed this a few years ago and that it would be akin to ASM 238 missing the tattoos.  

The sticker was not "removed"...it was not put in the book at all. So this shouldnt qualify as "incomplete".

1 hour ago, oldbsturgeon said:

I read it’s different in that the label may indicate the code sticker is gone but would still be universal and not qualified.

now how this error with no code at all would be handled is something I don’t know at all

This is why I ask. I have not come across it before ever. So what does it mean for the book? That is why I ask.

It will be noted as not having been manufactured with the sticker. 

I have a ASM698 with 2 stickers from manufacturer, I’m guessing that would get a label note as well.

my Absolute Carnage 1 cover A has no sticker either. Interesting stuff.

I recall that CGC was doing Blue label w/note but I could be misremembering it.  I know it was discussed a few times in the "Ask CGC" forum. 

I don't know how CGC could determine whether a book was manufactured without a sticker since there's only a bit of easily removed gooey junk holding them in place.

4 hours ago, bababooey said:

I recall that CGC was doing Blue label w/note but I could be misremembering it.  I know it was discussed a few times in the "Ask CGC" forum. 

I don't know how CGC could determine whether a book was manufactured without a sticker since there's only a bit of easily removed gooey junk holding them in place.

There is an adhesive residue remaining on the page that will not come off without damaging the paper.

Just found another book...without a marvel digital code sticker included during the printing process.  This one on a Darth Vader #2 third print from 2015.  This time I placed a post it note on the bag with a note that there was no digit code sticker in the book.  Just wondering what/if the label will read.  What gets me is if you peal the sticker off, you get a mention.  If you don't have a sticker, and it should, it gets missed?  Well, second time...i'll wait and see.

In my copy of Venom 22 for Sep 2023, the digital code sticker is on the opposite page. I’ve never actually removed the sticker so I always assumed the code was on the back of the sticker. 
but the code page is blank and the sticker on the opposite page. Has anyone seen this where the sticker is on the other page? And how would CGC grade that?IMG_9418.thumb.jpeg.226a66c50a50c6f96f9a96fa78a7bf32.jpegIMG_9420.thumb.jpeg.9881ccd4e9e32148ff999b123076834f.jpegIMG_9417.thumb.jpeg.26c5d2f8ec9e340279bb2176f54aeaba.jpeg