• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a print defect?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

and if so how does it affect grading. There is no damage to the book and looks like on these parts of the cover it din't transfer ink correctly. Looks like it was printed this way, I have one which is fine and then this one which I only noticed now. I went to my LCS to look at a few other copies and quite a few had similar issues but in different places. The back of the cover doesn't have any issues, just the front.

xZX3OS2.jpg

aTQeTGN.jpg

t71TvWB.jpg

Brought this up with my LCS owner for more info on this and he just said to bring it in and he will give me a new one, seems he has a lot of copies like this some worse some not as bad (ordered 75 copies) said only about 15 or so didn't have this issue, he found what he would say is a 9.8 copy and gave me that, I offered to pay for a new one but he said don't worry about it. Will see what happens with Codex in the future.

No this is from shipping and the book rubbing up against another book or the shipping box repeatedly. If he really got 60 copies with this type of damage he would have contacted Diamond about it and preformed a damaged book refund. 

i think he just didn’t even look at the books when he unpacked them and gave you the top copy (most likely to have the damage)

but if he’s willing to give you another for free than that’s awesome since this book is selling for well over cover price.

1 hour ago, Justin Jordan said:

No this is from shipping and the book rubbing up against another book or the shipping box repeatedly. If he really got 60 copies with this type of damage he would have contacted Diamond about it and preformed a damaged book refund.

He did do that :)