• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about signed comics pre Signature Series
2 2

5 posts in this topic

So i have 2 comics, New Mutants 87 and 98 both signed by Rob Liefeld.  I have them currently under the CBCS red label (Verified Signature).  Both are graded at 9.6.  (These were signed back in the late 90s when autos were free)

So is it worth my time to press them and move them to CGC knowing they will get a qualified grade, even if it that grade could be a 9.8?

What do you think I should do?

I think if you get the Deadpool up to 9.8, you’ll probably turn a profit.  But everyone has different preferred margins

5 hours ago, Larry Kost said:

So i have 2 comics, New Mutants 87 and 98 both signed by Rob Liefeld.  I have them currently under the CBCS red label (Verified Signature).  Both are graded at 9.6.  (These were signed back in the late 90s when autos were free)

So is it worth my time to press them and move them to CGC knowing they will get a qualified grade, even if it that grade could be a 9.8?

What do you think I should do?

I wouldn't do it. The green qualified label is a big turnoff for most. The verified Voldemoort slab is the best home for that book imo.

giphy (2).gif

On 8/15/2020 at 5:05 PM, Randall Ries said:

No don't do it. CBCS does a good job grading and your sigs are verified. A lot of us buy both graders.

Agreed.

Given that you’ve already taken the time and money to confirm the signature, why go through another process?