• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Appearance of Virus Venom #26
2 2

50 posts in this topic

44716700_images(6).jpeg.1707b888eae29f5aea8778682e1e29da.jpeg

First full appearance of Virus.

I like the character design.

Mystery as to who the character is and whether it is a new character or a character we already know under the mask.

Don't know if it is just spec or if the character will have some legs but the books climbing already and I'm not sure I want to scoop it up at a $20+ price point. 

what-say-you-d59f86.jpg.faad8e3deb67e47263ebb98cfcd1955e.jpg

No harm in posting this in the general section. 

You could pretty much go into every thread in general and say it should be in X forum.

In regards to the topic, it is surprising how hot modern comics are right now, more specifically the new releases of the week. Every Wednesday my local comic store here in Calgary has long lines to get in, to get the hot comics of the week. As I actually work, by the time I get to the shop on Wednesday evening, all the hot books are usually gone. I missed out on Captain Marvel 18 this week so instead I'm looking for a copy on eBay

Tons of activity in local Facebook groups. Miss out on a book? Guess what, its now being sold for $50, and people are still buying. 

I managed to pick up 5 copies of Venom 26 for cover. Will Virus be an important book? Who knows, honestly I just didn't want to miss out like I did on Punchline and numerous others. 

Pay attention, moderns are on fire right now. What does this mean long term? Yes there is an over abundance of variants, but demand is evidently still higher than the supply. 

1 hour ago, PleaseDontTouch said:

Just saying, you might find more like-minded people over there, as opposed to here where you'll find people like me who think speculating Venom fanboys are just pathetic :acclaim:

Yeesh ....  59 posts in and not only are you an insufficiently thoughtful person, you are also board police in training with a hint of condescending jack***.

I wouldn't say I'm a speculator considering I've never flipped a book. I've never sold any if my 2000+ books ...Collect mostly nice bronze books and  drek 90's modern runs of my youth with a splash of silver thrown. Unfortunately being a child of the 90's I have some love for Venom guess you find that off-putting. New Venom character shows up I try to open up discussion on it. If you wanna **** on the character cool, he might suck that's what the discussion is for. If you wanna be an @** for being an @**'s sake be my guest.

If I'm a fanboy of anyone it's the much less respectable Moon Knight. If you wanna $***-post in my direction that would be the button to press. 

IMG_20200731_094540.thumb.jpg.8e698508c5ea2c8ed46fa236a91d724b.jpg

IMG_20200603_132856014.thumb.jpg.9313d06a82c0be0c97bf2da4f5a450df.jpg

Welcome to the boards feel free to EAD. 

If @ADAMANTIUM hasn't welcomed you yet I'm sure he will soon.

Edited by Lurker89

36 minutes ago, Ares said:

so how does the Spider man Free comic book day fit into all this. is it just a reprint of this story or an Add on

For what it's worth Marvel Wiki says it lays in between 25 and 26.

8 hours ago, eddly said:

No harm in posting this in the general section. 

You could pretty much go into every thread in general and say it should be in X forum.

In regards to the topic, it is surprising how hot modern comics are right now, more specifically the new releases of the week. Every Wednesday my local comic store here in Calgary has long lines to get in, to get the hot comics of the week. As I actually work, by the time I get to the shop on Wednesday evening, all the hot books are usually gone. I missed out on Captain Marvel 18 this week so instead I'm looking for a copy on eBay

Tons of activity in local Facebook groups. Miss out on a book? Guess what, its now being sold for $50, and people are still buying. 

I managed to pick up 5 copies of Venom 26 for cover. Will Virus be an important book? Who knows, honestly I just didn't want to miss out like I did on Punchline and numerous others. 

Pay attention, moderns are on fire right now. What does this mean long term? Yes there is an over abundance of variants, but demand is evidently still higher than the supply. 

As to posting in Gen. Exactly thank you 😂 .... ffs people.

As to missing out on Punchline I don't feel like I missed out because I personally don't like the character. But thats just my opinion to each their own. I worry about missing out on characters I might actually be into. Virus may be one of them or he may be a BS character. By the time I figure it out the book will be $50+ 😂

A lot of the spec is out of control right now but what else is new. I think I'll just continue to worry about funding my Marvel Spotlight #5 instead of buying hot new characters. 

That being said I'm just wondering what people think if the character People seem to like Knull. 

I don't think a lot of these books hold value long term. But some will.

Some people don't like anything new apparently. 

Just now, Inappropriate Spock said:

Venom, and all it's iterations, are played............

tenor.gif?itemid=13878028

I can agree with this. Everything has been venomized too the extreme and it killed any cool factor Venom has. Venomverse was a horrible abomination. Guns that shoot symbiotes really??? .... Garbage.

That being said I like a lot of the other books Cates has been the writer on. Every book has bad runs and good runs. One would hope Cates could do the character some justice. I stopped reading at like issue 7 so I have some catching up to do at some point. Unless everyone convinces me the run is trash.

34 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Yeesh ....  59 posts in and not only are you an insufficiently thoughtful person, you are also board police in training with a hint of condescending jack***.

I wouldn't say I'm a speculator considering I've never flipped a book. I've never sold any if my 2000+ books ...Collect mostly nice bronze books and  drek 90's modern runs of my youth with a splash of silver thrown. Unfortunately being a child of the 90's I have some love for Venom guess you find that off-putting. New Venom character shows up I try to open up discussion on it. If you wanna **** on the character cool, he might suck that's what the discussion is for. If you wanna be an @** for being an @**'s sake be my guest.

If I'm a fanboy of anyone it's the much less respectable Moon Knight. If you wanna $***-post in my direction that would be the button to press. 

Welcome to the boards feel free to EAD. 

If @ADAMANTIUM hasn't welcomed you yet I'm sure he will soon.

:gossip:

That's Stu. He has been banned about 9,000 times already.

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I can agree with this. Everything has been venomized too the extreme and it killed any cool factor Venom has. Venomverse was a horrible abomination. Guns that shoot symbiotes really??? .... Garbage.

Marvel does have a way of taking a popular character and completely running it into the ground with extreme gusto. I guess people keep buying Venom related comics though.