• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Appearance of Virus Venom #26
2 2

50 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Inappropriate Spock said:

Marvel does have a way of taking a popular character and completely running it into the ground with extreme gusto. I guess people keep buying Venom related comics though. 

Ah... the 90's... Wolverine. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Stay with it... it gets gooooooood

Oh I will cover to cover. This one is gonna get me through the workday :nyah:

From the first page Looks like an argument over the sale of a double covered action. I'm sure all will become clear as I push onward.

4 minutes ago, Inappropriate Spock said:

Marvel does have a way of taking a popular character and completely running it into the ground with extreme gusto. I guess people keep buying Venom related comics though. 

It's the unfortunate commercial side to medium a lot of us consider true art.

That's why my view is to just trim the fat and keep what's good. Those Venom books where he was fighting dinosaurs do not exist to me. (:

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

Oh I will cover to cover. This one is gonna get me through the workday :nyah:

From the first page Looks like an argument over the sale of a double covered action. I'm sure all will become clear as I push onward.

Cliff notes... Ian Levine, of the British music scene,  (who eventually sold the collection), accused Metropolis Comics of underhanded comic booky dealing stuff when it came to the final comic book he needed for his collection.   Metropolis responds.  Fun times ensued.  

24 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

:gossip:

That's Stu. He has been banned about 9,000 times already.

Good to know, it may give this thread some legs if he's the reactionary buffoon I hope he is.lol

I will gladly do battle in the ways of old here at the altar of the CGC Boards.

image-asset.jpeg.0bc471c8f08e9b57b200a25a81ba21fc.jpeg

Edited by Lurker89

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Cliff notes... Ian Levine, of the British music scene,  (who eventually sold the collection), accused Metropolis Comics of underhanded comic booky dealing stuff when it came to the final comic book he needed for his collection.   Metropolis responds.  Fun times ensued.  

Thanks for the background my good man.(thumbsu

9 minutes ago, PleaseDontTouch said:

Except Thanos; Cosmic Ghost Rider is one of the dumbest characters Marvel has "created" recently.

Ouch I'm a big Thanos fan.  Of The character Thanos that is .... not necessarily that run, but I did enjoy that run. 

I like the concept of CGR, however this is where I can agree with you the character was not written well. If CGR was supposed to be Frank Castle then why does he act like Deadpool. The character read very much like Deadpool in a Ghost Rider skin. 

Along with that Marvel did what they do best and rode the character into the ground.

The Thanos centric parts of that run were very good in my opinion.

1 minute ago, PleaseDontTouch said:

I wonder if somebody "accidentally" told Cates what Starlin was planning in his three OGNs. The timing was weird and the explanation was sketchy. Ticked Starlin off real good!

Interesting did not know about that speculation. 

Love Starlin and hope they didn't screw him, but at the end of the day I'm sure they did.

I have yet to read the new graphic novels Starlin put out but they are on my way too long reading list. Having a toddler and baby on the way has really cut into comic reading time.:nyah: Let alone funding books. My goals for next year are a 6.0 Marvel Spotlight 5 and a 7.0 SS4 if I can squeeze it in, funding those will be a battle.

Did you read both the Cates run and the Starlin books? Are they quite similar?

4 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Yeesh ....  59 posts in and not only are you an insufficiently thoughtful person, you are also board police in training with a hint of condescending jack***.

I wouldn't say I'm a speculator considering I've never flipped a book. I've never sold any if my 2000+ books ...Collect mostly nice bronze books and  drek 90's modern runs of my youth with a splash of silver thrown. Unfortunately being a child of the 90's I have some love for Venom guess you find that off-putting. New Venom character shows up I try to open up discussion on it. If you wanna **** on the character cool, he might suck that's what the discussion is for. If you wanna be an @** for being an @**'s sake be my guest.

If I'm a fanboy of anyone it's the much less respectable Moon Knight. If you wanna $***-post in my direction that would be the button to press. 

IMG_20200731_094540.thumb.jpg.8e698508c5ea2c8ed46fa236a91d724b.jpg

IMG_20200603_132856014.thumb.jpg.9313d06a82c0be0c97bf2da4f5a450df.jpg

Welcome to the boards feel free to EAD. 

If @ADAMANTIUM hasn't welcomed you yet I'm sure he will soon.

:whatthe: what the, that's a mouthful, but a mouthful that may be warranted :foryou: 

2 hours ago, PleaseDontTouch said:

Yes I did. Not that similar but based on the same idea imo. I think Jim went a little diva there, but the timing did not help. Jim was working on his books before the Thanos series even started.

Cool can't wait to read the Starlin books.

4 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Hope it's Norman Osbourne in a new costume so people can realise how dumb it is to spend more than cover price on a new comic.

It would serve everyone right.

I don't mind spending $10 on a new book if the reason for speculation warrants it, but we've seen enough unoriginal characters to know this game.

The books already upwards of $20 

It would be nice to get a new and original staple character form one of the Big Two but we just keep getting rehashes and gender swaps of old characters.

Venom is the last original character I can think of and we can see what they have done with that. If anyone can think of someone from the late 80's onward that's a staple character and not a rehash post it up.

43 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Venom is the last original character I can think of and we can see what they have done with that. If anyone can think of someone from the late 80's onward that's a staple character and not a rehash post it up.

Deadpool?  John Constantine?  All the Watchmen?  Dream and all the Sandman characters?  (and that's just from the big 2)

Edited by thunsicker

5 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Deadpool?  John Constantine?  All the Watchmen?  Dream and all the Sandman characters?  (and that's just from the big 2)

Lol considering I'm a big Watchmen fan, Sandman fan, and Constantine fan (I have a NM Swamp Thing 37)  you think I'd have included them.

I was really thinking 90's forward. My apologies for including the 80's.

Anything Liefeld created doesn't count though:nyah: 

Edited by Lurker89

1 hour ago, thunsicker said:

For me... Eternal Warrior - I thoroughly enjoy that character along with the Geomancer. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:
1 hour ago, thunsicker said:

For me... Eternal Warrior - I thoroughly enjoy that character along with the Geomancer. 

Yeah as I said, that was just from the big 2.  And as everyone knows most of the best stuff was created in creator owned comics which are outside the big 2 since the 90's at least.  Image stuff, Valliant stuff, Dark Horse stuff.