• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping costs to Canada
1 1

39 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Dreamsleep said:

The thing that really sucks is 180.00 usd is 250.00 Canadian to put it in true perspective for our friends South of the border. $10 per book!

I will be honest, as a fellow canadian that does not sound too bad. 10$ a book is what I wish I would always pay. However what sucks is you only pay "this low" if you max out everytime, which means you are spending more money one way or another. And the tiers really put a hole in things, you have to make sure that you have 25 books for the same category. So you are more likely to just do moderns that are worth at most $200 rather than those more expensive books which may jump to different tiers depending on the value you estimated being off (or you simply not having enough $1000 plus books to send).

13 hours ago, Dreamsleep said:

The thing that really sucks is 180.00 usd is 250.00 Canadian to put it in true perspective for our friends South of the border. $10 per book!

Guess we just have to buy slabs from now on, less raw comics :(

46 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

Guess we just have to buy slabs from now on, less raw comics :(

Thats what I am doing for moderns I would slab. And that way I am sure which grade i am getting.

But man, if you think this is bad, did you ever check how much Signature series would cost a Canadian? The only way it works ok is when a LCS or similar local person makes a group order (which is what I did fir Stan Lee sigs back in the day)

Edited by William-James88

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Thats what I am doing for moderns I would slab. And that way I am sure which grade i am getting.

But man, if you think this is bad, did you ever check how much Signature series would cost a Canadian? The only way it works ok is when a LCS or similar local person makes a group order (which is what I did fir Stan Lee sigs back in the day)

Yeah signed a McFarlane ASM 300 and lost out on the monbey because I got a 9.4 on the grade

20 minutes ago, Lobo1969 said:

It makes little sense that shipping costs have gone from $90 to $180 (25 books) over just a few months and Canada is in the same costing tier as Europe and Africa. I emailed CGC looking for more of an explanation.

Thanks keep us posted Hamburglar

12 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

Thanks keep us posted Hamburglar

I got a response this AM:

"Thanks for your email.  Yes, all of the FedEx International shipping fees are the same.  Please note, however, that all international shipping fees are estimated and the final amount can change once the order actually ships.  Your account would be adjusted at that time."

So shipping amounts might be a moving target now and they COULD be reduced once shipping happens? For those that currently have submissions being processed, start reporting back final amounts and we should start tracking what final costs are being billed out for shipping, whether its 1 book for 25.

I never accept Fedex or UPS  for shipping to Canada. Not only shipping is expensive, but I have been hit too many times by their crazy custom brokerage fees (who likes to pay a multiple over and above the actual custom taxes!)

So for CGC submission... I submit through @joeypost... I get better customer service with him!

Just wanted to add something. We were talking about SS books not being worth it for us. Well check this out. We know it cost $90 for the signing, and on top of that you have the shipping both ways (to and from CGC), the extra 5$ handling fee and the possible 20$ pressing fee (to make sure they get that 9.8). So yeah, money is being lost all around.

image.thumb.png.6aaddb9658559e7483f3476b377cfa4e.png

9 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Just wanted to add something. We were talking about SS books not being worth it for us. Well check this out. We know it cost $90 for the signing, and on top of that you have the shipping both ways (to and from CGC), the extra 5$ handling fee and the possible 20$ pressing fee (to make sure they get that 9.8). So yeah, money is being lost all around.

SS books are mostly worth it for high priced items. Otherwise you might as well buy it signed already it will come out cheaper.

Some people send in raw copies and have them Signed but don't yet know the grade of the book.

I sent in an Amazing Spider-man #300 in hopes of getting back a 9.6 signed by MsFarlane.

It turned out to be a 9.4 and so it cost me alot in the end. It would have been cheaper buying the 9.6 copy signed already.

On a sidenote, Todd didn't even sign in the blue square I had carefully prepared for him (LOL)

1 hour ago, migmtl76 said:

SS books are mostly worth it for high priced items. Otherwise you might as well buy it signed already it will come out cheaper.

Some people send in raw copies and have them Signed but don't yet know the grade of the book.

I sent in an Amazing Spider-man #300 in hopes of getting back a 9.6 signed by MsFarlane.

It turned out to be a 9.4 and so it cost me alot in the end. It would have been cheaper buying the 9.6 copy signed already.

On a sidenote, Todd didn't even sign in the blue square I had carefully prepared for him (LOL)

That last part scares me a bit. That means they removed the comic from the bag to have him sign it. That's extra handling and more chance to mess up a book.