• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk Speculators, Start your Engines!

47 posts in this topic

We all know how the X-Men movie jacked the price of Hulk 181 and Iron Fist, 14, how Spider-man made ASM 121 and 122 into household words, and that Daredevil hype is driving DD 131 and 168 into the stratosphere.

So what's the key story element of the upcoming Hulk movie that translates into a specific issue? Is there a key villain or character that will take off?

Isn't his first appearance a pretty tough get and when it is found it's pretty pricey right now anyways..It looks like Hulk 102 has cooled off from what it was at before..I'd guess the only books with staying power are the Wolverine ones.. 180-182.

Brian

Isn't his first appearance a pretty tough get and when it is found it's pretty pricey right now anyways..

yes and yes. sullypython just sold a 9.0 141 for something like double guide.

Speculating on the possible storyline - Bruce Jones recent run on Hulk v2 #34 and up...

And about zillion other "return of the beast" storylines in Hulk. It's amazing that some think this is something new or innovative. He's always gaining/losing his intelligence, becoming more/less violent, etc. though this time he's...

drum rolll

A Hobo!

Wow, give that Jones a raise!!

.......i think i read somewhere that both general ross and betty ross were due to appear......................haven't heard anything about bad guys though..........hope they don't go the tv series route and have guys in tanks etc chasing hulk around for 90 mins.................

..............maybe with ang lee ditecting they'll be some martial arts action.......... grin.gif

..............maybe with ang lee ditecting they'll be some martial arts action..........

Ang Lee is about as far away from martial arts as they get. It happened to be in Crouching Tiger because the material required it. I think this is the same guy who directed Sense and Sensibility and The Ice Storm, and I can't recall any kung fu hijinks in either of those. grin.gif

From what I'm gleaning, this looks to be a more psychological film than an action one. From my initial impressions, it looks like:

A Beautiful Hulk Mind... with Lotsa Tanks!

.......its risky not to have a villain from a film point of view, but also a huge oportunity missed as far as merchandising goes....................

......just ask george lucas.................... grin.gif