• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPS LOST my Wolverine #1 Frank miller
1 1

41 posts in this topic

Welp,

After waiting months to get my Wolverine #1 back from Frank Miller SS event, I was following the tracking and waiting at home, never heard a UPS truck or anything and boom, I get an email it was delivered. I go outside nothing, wondering what happened being it required a signature, it says it was "Left at residence signed for by REC. I called UPS and they said that there was no apartment number on my package, i checked packing slip / info that was sent to CGC and it clearly shows my apartment number. I ask ups where it would have been sent and they  said they are going to have to get back to me tomorrow.

Why would UPS not get an actual signature? if there was a missing apartment number why wouldn't they take it back to the DC and damn CGC dropped the ball.

Edited by Wes Smith

Fedex did this to me.  I called a supervisor and asked where the package was delivered.  They told me my address.  I was home all day and there was no truck in my driveway.

Worst part, I see a similar item now on feebay for $35,000.  Should I call the FBI?

At least yours is something that can be obtained again.  Mine was from 1905 and I've only ever seen three copies.

I hope you can get your book.  :wishluck:

I think REC is UPS code for reception. I've seen that a few times for work. We keep the front doors locked because of COVID so the UPS guy would look in the window to see that there are people there then leave it outside the door.

7 hours ago, Yorick said:

Fedex did this to me.  I called a supervisor and asked where the package was delivered.  They told me my address.  I was home all day and there was no truck in my driveway.

Worst part, I see a similar item now on feebay for $35,000.  Should I call the FBI?

At least yours is something that can be obtained again.  Mine was from 1905 and I've only ever seen three copies.

I hope you can get your book.  :wishluck:

Thanks, did you ever end up getting yours?

1 hour ago, Antyreal said:

I think REC is UPS code for reception. I've seen that a few times for work. We keep the front doors locked because of COVID so the UPS guy would look in the window to see that there are people there then leave it outside the door.

Unfortunately UPS drivers can be really lazy, I've seen it at my Job also :(

11 hours ago, Wes Smith said:

Welp,

After waiting months to get my Wolverine #1 back from Frank Miller SS event, I was following the tracking and waiting at home, never heard a UPS truck or anything and boom, I get an email it was delivered. I go outside nothing, wondering what happened being it required a signature, it says it was "Left at residence signed for by REC. I called UPS and they said that there was no apartment number on my package, i checked packing slip / info that was sent to CGC and it clearly shows my apartment number. I ask ups where it would have been sent and they  said they are going to have to get back to me tomorrow.

Why would UPS not get an actual signature? if there was a missing apartment number why wouldn't they take it back to the DC and damn CGC dropped the ball.

:whatthe:

So after speaking with CGC they were really really helpful as far as clearing things up, they actually sent me a scan of the UPS label and it was correct, I called UPS back and they are still telling me they did not have an apartment number on the box for some reason, I guess it was mistake on them?? I live in a townhouse complex so no leasing office where it could have been left, If it did not have a unit number where would the driver leave it? and if he took it back why would he mark it delivered. 

I have been on and off the phone with UPS and the customer service reps seemed confused as well, saying "it shows delivered" but I asked where it would have been left, could it have gone back? and they say there is definitely a chance but they wont know until Monday when there "tracing department" can look into it.

UGH

I just really really hope it did not go to a neighbor and they sell it, I would be ok with it getting completely lost or something but the thought somebody took my book is gross

During our current "situation", I've noticed this much more often than before. USPS, FedEX & UPS are not getting signatures for items. They're not even trying. They just leave it in the lobby of my building. I have been home for each one of my CGC deliveries over the past 3 months and they haven't once even bothered to ring my bell. Luckily, I get text notifications when the item is scanned for delivery, so I'm able to go to my lobby and pick it up right away.

The only upside is that every CGC book has a unique Certification number. Many non-CGCers probably aren't aware and would be caught if trying to sell.

Best of luck, Wes.  Fingers crossed for you.

17 hours ago, Chazgee said:

During our current "situation", I've noticed this much more often than before. USPS, FedEX & UPS are not getting signatures for items. They're not even trying. They just leave it in the lobby of my building. I have been home for each one of my CGC deliveries over the past 3 months and they haven't once even bothered to ring my bell. Luckily, I get text notifications when the item is scanned for delivery, so I'm able to go to my lobby and pick it up right away.

The only upside is that every CGC book has a unique Certification number. Many non-CGCers probably aren't aware and would be caught if trying to sell.

Best of luck, Wes.  Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks I found out our regular UPS driver was out that day, and they had a fill in driver who may have screwed up somehow, they said they are going to try and trace it Monday

On 7/31/2020 at 6:30 AM, Wes Smith said:

Thanks, did you ever end up getting yours?

Nope.  It comes down to my word against the delivery driver's (and Fedex would rather believe their employee).  I suppose something can be said for having everyone and everything on camera... 1984 style.

14 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Nope.  It comes down to my word against the delivery driver's (and Fedex would rather believe their employee).  I suppose something can be said for having everyone and everything on camera... 1984 style.

Wow yikes, i am sorry. I am going to do my shipments different from now on, not a fan of this kind of stress

2 hours ago, SignatureSelect said:

file a police report if you jave not already. Also are you just calling ups or did you file a claim.  I recently got a box at the ups store to avoid this.  they always sign and hold it for me.  16 dollars a month for piece of mind is a great deal

Yes i called the UPS store over the weekend, i am in the process of setting up a box.. i learned my lesson