• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPS LOST my Wolverine #1 Frank miller
1 1

41 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, thesink said:

You don't have to pay for a box with fedex. Once they ship to your address you can select "hold at fedex store" and they will deliver it to the store where you will have to sign for it. 

Yeah i may go that route, this truly was a nightmare and I am going to do what i can to avoid it happening

So a quick update, UPS told me two days ago ( Monday ) they did figure out they delivered it to the complete wrong address about a MILE from me, the temp driver they had that day really screwed up, did not get a signature and delivered to the wrong place. The told me the street name ( gated townhome community with no office building of course )but not the actual number, they started a trace process to "find the package" and try and go retrieve it but said it could be another two days ( going on a week now ) before they would know exactly what happened. 

Why it takes so long just to send the driver back, knock on the door and ask is MIND-BLOWING , they messed up big time, and I get the sense its just business as usual no urgency to fix the problem.

11 hours ago, Lesliesfbay said:

Would insurance on the package help in anyway? 

yeah but at the end of the day as a collector I would much rather have the book that came out of my collection back, its really disappointing to have something that should have been fun turn into a stressful time wasting mess

16 minutes ago, Wes Smith said:

yeah but at the end of the day as a collector I would much rather have the book that came out of my collection back, its really disappointing to have something that should have been fun turn into a stressful time wasting mess

Being a gated community, there is likely a common area where packages are dropped off. Seems so, since they couldn't provide you with a number. If It were me, and it's only a mile as you say, I'd be hoofing it over there to do some sleuthing for myself.

I previously worked for FedEx.  Not saying this is what happened, but sometimes drivers will be given more than what they can do or for whatever reason be behind in their deliveries and pick ups and will scan a package with the remarks that no one was home on purpose because they couldn't make it to the stop b4 the commitment time. Especially if the address is out of the way.  IT happens.  

Oh yes, I forgot, the driver may have have left that area and scanned it as bad address or not available because he or she may have have been written up several times for other infractions and couldn't afford another violation.  More than likely it's a he

Edited by juniorMC

On 8/6/2020 at 9:50 AM, Randall Ries said:

Being a gated community, there is likely a common area where packages are dropped off. Seems so, since they couldn't provide you with a number. If It were me, and it's only a mile as you say, I'd be hoofing it over there to do some sleuthing for myself.

They are a gated townhome community like mine.. there is no common area, there was no street address given, I cant just walk in a gated community and knock on every door

13 hours ago, Wes Smith said:

They are a gated townhome community like mine.. there is no common area, there was no street address given, I cant just walk in a gated community and knock on every door

I understand. I was thinking there may be an area they drop mail and packages off. How do they get their stuff? Does every FEDEX and USPS person have a code for the gate?

On 8/6/2020 at 12:30 PM, Abracadavar said:

Sorry you are going through this.  Really sorry.  That being said, sounds like you had insurance on the item.  And thankfully, the book (even signed by Miller) is not too difficult to obtain.  I’ve lost some items in the mail myself... even been screwed over by PayPal...it burns...  but life has taught me to view the silver linings.  Thankfully, you’ve got some in this situation.  I really hope you can track the book down, though.😔

On 8/10/2020 at 6:21 PM, Abracadavar said:

Did you get your book back?? This situation happened to me with 3 Funko Pops from Pop In A Box. Only about 42 bucks, but I was after the Agent Anti-Venom Chase that's worth $130+. It's a 1 in 6 Chase. You can only order 3 at a time. The first 3 I struck out. The second 3 was when my package disappeared. It was sent by DHL and "delivered" by my local Post Office. My P.O. is only not even a block from my apartment. My apartment is above a business. There's only 2 apartments in the building. Who knows if it got delivered? He was delivering mail at the same time. GPS placed him there when he marked it delivered. PIAB says talk to USPS. USPS says talk to DHL. DHL says talk to PIAB. PIAB says their internal investigation department won't review it again because of the GPS placing him there. They even had me fill out a non-receipt of goods form. I'm having trouble trying to file an insurance claim with them for the items. The only good thing coming of this is my P.O. now holds all my packages for me and leave a tiny slip to notify me in my mailbox. I hope your issue gets resolved!

On 8/3/2020 at 10:31 AM, thesink said:

You don't have to pay for a box with fedex. Once they ship to your address you can select "hold at fedex store" and they will deliver it to the store where you will have to sign for it. 

I've had to do this with UPS...just change all your deliveries to go to the UPS Store if you have one.  I had packages happen like this and also grow legs living in the country and once I changed my delivery wishes all my problems disappeared. 

Sorry you are having such a hard time with UPS. I had a similar problem at the beginning of last month. Supposed to arrive on a Thursday, notified that it was changed to Friday and that I had moved, got an email saying that it was delivered in the afternoon on Friday and I was home all day. Spent hours on phone calls where I was promised that I would be called back and seldom was within the time periods that they said they would. The best part is that it said that I signed for it. Package was missing until Monday when the person living in the house I lived in a decade ago texted me and said a package was delivered with my name on it. UPS finally called me back on Tuesday and seemed to only care that I got it and brushed aside the fact that they claimed I signed it, changed the address arbitrarily and genuinely still had no idea where it was....case closed.

Well sometimes it does work out!  SWIM had pre-ordered an HTC Vive years ago when they first game out.  The Fed Ex people delivered it, but they apparently delivered it to and had it signed for by some random neighbour who just happened to be outside at the time the Fed Ex person arrived...  I mean, it could have been just some complete stranger that happened to be walking down the street whenever the delivery person showed up!

SWIM contacted Fed Ex and told them they'd never received the package, and have NO IDEA who signed for it, and asked why they would simply deliver an expensive package and allow for it to be signed for by a random person who claimed to be SWIMs 'neighbour;'...  And even if it was SWIMS neighbour, who knows if they liked SWIM, or if I they owed them money and they decided to just keep the package?  

Fed Ex sucks.

It took a while, and SWIM ended up having to do a charge back on their  CC, but in the end SWIM won and got a refund, and Fed Ex lost!  It felt good to hear about an individual finally be on the positive end of one of these screw ups by a huge corporation!

Edited by StreetPreacher

On 8/2/2020 at 2:57 PM, Abracadavar said:

Thanks I found out our regular UPS driver was out that day, and they had a fill in driver who may have screwed up somehow, they said they are going to try and trace it Monday

I'm late to the game and playing catch up, but its possible that the driver delivered it along with other packages to another location. 

On 8/10/2020 at 6:21 PM, Abracadavar said:

Again, I'm playing catch up here, but here's the thing, when a Signature required is on a package that package CANNOT be delivered without a Signature, so someone had to sign for that package.  The driver will not be able to release the package without a Signature unless the driver either signed it themselves and left it or manually typed in the number, then changed the 3 digit code that will switch the package from Signature required to release.  It's a shady way of doin it.  It's like that so a customer can call in if they decide to change the delivery from Signature required to release.

On 12/8/2020 at 5:43 PM, StreetPreacher said:

Well sometimes it does work out!  SWIM had pre-ordered an HTC Vive years ago when they first game out.  The Fed Ex people delivered it, but they apparently delivered it to and had it signed for by some random neighbour who just happened to be outside at the time the Fed Ex person arrived...  I mean, it could have been just some complete stranger that happened to be walking down the street whenever the delivery person showed up!

SWIM contacted Fed Ex and told them they'd never received the package, and have NO IDEA who signed for it, and asked why they would simply deliver an expensive package and allow for it to be signed for by a random person who claimed to be SWIMs 'neighbour;'...  And even if it was SWIMS neighbour, who knows if they liked SWIM, or if I they owed them money and they decided to just keep the package?  

Fed Ex sucks.

It took a while, and SWIM ended up having to do a charge back on their  CC, but in the end SWIM won and got a refund, and Fed Ex lost!  It felt good to hear about an individual finally be on the positive end of one of these screw ups by a huge 

The shipper  has the option of selecting Signature required or indirect Signature required.  If indirect Signature is selected then the drive is allowed to release the package to a next door or an across the street neighbor, but I doubt the FedEx driver would pick some random guy walking down the street.  If the shipped requires a Signature by an individual at the residence then DIRECT SIGNATURE REQUIRED would be selected by the shipper which only allows the person at the actual address to sign for the package, so they would not or should not get a neighbor to sign for the package 

On 3/2/2021 at 10:07 PM, juniorMC said:

Again, I'm playing catch up here, but here's the thing, when a Signature required is on a package that package CANNOT be delivered without a Signature, so someone had to sign for that package.  The driver will not be able to release the package without a Signature unless the driver either signed it themselves and left it or manually typed in the number, then changed the 3 digit code that will switch the package from Signature required to release.  It's a shady way of doin it.  It's like that so a customer can call in if they decide to change the delivery from Signature required to release.

Read this thread. Since COVID they've been doing this all the time. I have had more than half of my sig required boxes left on my doorstep.

On 8/6/2020 at 12:30 PM, Abracadavar said:

Bro I'm reading your saga here, did you ever get the comic back? inquiring minds need to know