• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Auction starts with a bang August 13

187 posts in this topic

Check out this McFarlane ASM 317 Page 23 with Spider-Man and Venom. 1989 art 10 x 15 with a killer 1/3 splash and Venom creeping us out on that bottom panel. What’s this one going to hammer for?

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/preview.asp?code=2020aug&itemtype=1&Artist=TODD MCFARLANE&searchdbf=0

RAD796612020618_152048.thumb.jpg.af344d906be667d2b3ae0386a7c14e97.jpg

Edited by grapeape
ASM 317

8 hours ago, grapeape said:

Check out this McFarlane ASM 317 Page 23 with Spider-Man and Venom. 1989 art 10 x 15 with a killer 1/3 splash and Venom creeping us out on that bottom panel. What’s this one going to hammer for?

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/preview.asp?code=2020aug&itemtype=1&Artist=TODD MCFARLANE&searchdbf=0

RAD796612020618_152048.thumb.jpg.af344d906be667d2b3ae0386a7c14e97.jpg

I will guess $35k

5 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Didn’t this page sell on Clinks OA Exchange for $30K?

I’m not sure honestly I don’t have a good way to track C-Link. HA 100x better archival.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

I would not be shocked if it hammers higher than my guess

There’s a hunger for these pages with Venom. I would be a player but I had my chance twenty years ago. I let so many go bye $2k-4K  then 4K-6k and so on.

I also missed Peanuts Sundays 😢

So many shiny beautiful treasures to look at I always regret the misses.

14 minutes ago, Matches_Malone said:

This. So true.  Still not over it. I eventually  acquired a McSpidey Cover, but never a Venom page.

That you managed a cover is Amazing.

Check this out Matches 1998 eBay sold for $2,000. What was I doing that day?

😭 

4AB83BE2-3743-49E5-B03A-0B849DCFD973.thumb.jpeg.a552b8e05722982dd55ebf0f8610c218.jpeg

57 minutes ago, grapeape said:

There’s a hunger for these pages with Venom. I would be a player but I had my chance twenty years ago. I let so many go bye $2k-4K  then 4K-6k and so on.

I also missed Peanuts Sundays 😢

So many shiny beautiful treasures to look at I always regret the misses.

I had to give up my left nut for my Sunday but not regrets spending it. If prices don’t start coming down I may be out of the Peanuts Mather even for dailies. 

42 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I had to give up my left nut for my Sunday but not regrets spending it. If prices don’t start coming down I may be out of the Peanuts Mather even for dailies. 

The P-Nutz bunch are coming for your comment as soon as they stop feeding on other victims bones. Activate protective shield a s a p.

”He lost his P-nuts.”

”Peppermint Patty _____________ Charlie Browns baseballs and gave them to Lucy...”

Sigh....:facepalm:

1 hour ago, fishbone said:

here's my McSpidey-Venom page .... wasn't lucky enough to get it in 1998, but so glad I pulled the trigger.

mcfarlane.jpeg

Good on you.

Thats a terrific page.

57 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

$2K was a lot of money for a panel page back in 1998!

It sure was. That’s what I tell myself. Otherwise you go crazy. Today it looks like peanuts but many of us we were  still on a learning curve.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

36 minutes ago, grapeape said:

The P-Nutz bunch are coming for your comment as soon as they stop feeding on other victims bones. Activate protective shield a s a p.

”He lost his P-nuts.”

”Peppermint Patty _____________ Charlie Browns baseballs and gave them to Lucy...”

Sigh....:facepalm:

:: chants ::

P-Nutz, P-Nutz, P-nutz.....!

Or to quote a Radiohead song: 

You do it to yourself, you do
And that's what really hurts
Is you do it to yourself, just you
You and no-one else
You do it to yourself
You do it to yourself

There have been several strips I really like over the last few auctions but all went above the max I set for them. This next Heritage auction will be interesting to see where prices go. 

For McSpiderman’s I planned to buy a nice splash. Nothing to spectacular just a decent Spider-Man image. Well that dream went out the door and do I figured I would settle for a nice panel page. Now that is out the door so I guess I will have to settle for the Spawn Action Figures I already have. 

4 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

There have been several strips I really like over the last few auctions but all went above the max I set for them. This next Heritage auction will be interesting to see where prices go. 

Take a look at the street art auction too. I saw some Peanuts are there too! Really.

;)