• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Auction starts with a bang August 13

187 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ESeffinga said:

Take a look at the street art auction too.

I've been watching that segment grow at HA. It's not there yet but...I have significant depth in that "market", no emotional attachment to any of it.

Very much looking forward to HA getting to the point where I see consistent results that I'd be comfortable applying to my bank account :)

47 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

There have been several strips I really like over the last few auctions but all went above the max I set for them. This next Heritage auction will be interesting to see where prices go. 

For McSpiderman’s I planned to buy a nice splash. Nothing to spectacular just a decent Spider-Man image. Well that dream went out the door and do I figured I would settle for a nice panel page. Now that is out the door so I guess I will have to settle for the Spawn Action Figures I already have. 

I have them too and their great but.,,.

12 hours ago, Timely said:

What is everyone’s thought on the apparent marker fade that is on the page?

the fade seems to be happening to an ancillary background motion effect, and not the the main figure. That has to soften the amount of wincing for some.

Marker fade to character or integral part of their environment that looks nasty = gross. 

Marker fade to what amounts to a background texture in a near even application and has a highlighting effect on the main character thus potentially improving the composition = a consideration but less of a deal breaker.

Some might even think it looks like less of a busy eyesore, like the bulk of Todd’s panels/pages. (This last one is me) hahaha

Edited by ESeffinga

I'm beginning to wonder if the additional HA Signature auction is having an impact on the availability of material for Clink's Featured auctions?

Case in point: Clink's Featured auctions usually contain 9-10 pages of OA listings.  However, their last auction had only 6 pages of listings, and their upcoming Featured auction (bidding starts Aug 13) currently has 4 pages of listings.  So, either they're sitting on a huge backlog of material that will be posted in the next 10 days or Heritage has found another way to divert some material away from Clink through their increased Signature auction frequency? (shrug)

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the additional HA Signature auction is having an impact on the availability of material for Clink's Featured auctions?

Case in point: Clink's Featured auctions usually contain 9-10 pages of OA listings.  However, their last auction had only 6 pages of listings, and their upcoming Featured auction (bidding starts Aug 13) currently has 4 pages of listings.  So, either they're sitting on a huge backlog of material that will be posted in the next 10 days or Heritage has found another way to divert some material away from Clink through their increased Signature auction frequency? (shrug)

I think C-Link is in need of a serious pep talk. After posting this thread “starts with a bang” I took a deeper look into the auction offerings and they seemed lacking in pizazz.

I would like to see C-Link stay quasi relevant presenting OA. Some competition with HA I think is good for buyers and sellers. 

So yes C-Link this thing kicks off in ten short days. It’s time to get angry. If you’ve got more let’s see it.

CAC42E3E-406F-4F09-95D0-B82E457667E4.jpeg.c086007491c42e1e8fb4962efebb1540.jpeg

Edited by grapeape

44 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I think Clink still gets decent material and prices can be decent but they really need to update their bidding

I don't like the "drop dead" auction approach.  I like the HA and ComicConnect approaches to keep the bidding going.  Gotta eek out more bids !!!

20 minutes ago, Will_K said:

I don't like the "drop dead" auction approach.  I like the HA and ComicConnect approaches to keep the bidding going.  Gotta eek out more bids !!!

See, that's exactly what I love about Clink, and hate about Heritage. I realize I may be in the minority, but I don't like HA's system at all. There's an auction...then there's the auction after the auction? And that can just go on...indefinitely? No sir, I don't like it!

4 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

See, that's exactly what I love about Clink, and hate about Heritage. I realize I may be in the minority, but I don't like HA's system at all. There's an auction...then there's the auction after the auction? And that can just go on...indefinitely? No sir, I don't like it!

Yup, I definitely think you’re in the minority regarding your auction format preference.

Just now, jjonahjameson11 said:

Yup, I definitely think you’re in the minority regarding your auction format preference.

I'm fine with that. I can't help it if you're all wrong! :devil: