• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Auction starts with a bang August 13

187 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:
8 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I'm fine with that. I can't help it if you're all wrong! :devil:

:roflmao:

Seriously,

the Clink auction format does no favours for the seller, and certainly not for the buyer who “must have the piece”.  Clinks format ensures that the maximum potential is NOT realized

Exactly.

@F For Fake you can be happy about all the money you save by not winning auctions.

20 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

See, that's exactly what I love about Clink, and hate about Heritage. I realize I may be in the minority, but I don't like HA's system at all. There's an auction...then there's the auction after the auction? And that can just go on...indefinitely? No sir, I don't like it!

We may be in the minority, but I'm with you. I spend probably 50k on any given year with C-link auctions. I rarely bid on Heritage. Also, Heritage rapes on fees on both ends. When I do bid on HA I take that into account, and I'm sure others do too. At the end of the day selling art on Clink vs Heritage isn't as lopsided as the figures suggest when you take into account the giant bite Heritage takes vs Clink's nibble. 

6 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

We may be in the minority, but I'm with you. I spend probably 50k on any given year with C-link auctions. I rarely bid on Heritage. Also, Heritage rapes on fees on both ends. When I do bid on HA I take that into account, and I'm sure others do too. At the end of the day selling art on Clink vs Heritage isn't as lopsided as the figures suggest when you take into account the giant bite Heritage takes vs Clink's nibble. 

I have a bunch of graded GA stuff to sell and I will likely see about sending to Clink for auction. The reason is looking aT the final hammer on both HA and Clink shows they end about the same price but the fees on Clink are a fraction of what you get charged on Clink. 

6 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I have a bunch of graded GA stuff to sell and I will likely see about sending to Clink for auction. The reason is looking aT the final hammer on both HA and Clink shows they end about the same price but the fees on Clink are a fraction of what you get charged on Clink. 

Yeah, if the final hammer is about the same, you have no real incentive to send to Heritage. I'd definitely go Clink.  (thumbsu

What gets me with Heritage is that after the seller gets a bite out of him, the buyer gets a chunk added, then you have tax and overpriced shipping. THEN...just to stick it in one last time they have their card payment fee. I usually can't stomach it, so I pay a fee free way, but Jeebus. You start doing the math, and that extra payment fee at the end just pushes the % over the edge. 

Edited by Real Elijah Snow

7 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Talking about OA here,  not comics.  :sumo:

39 minutes ago, Will_K said:

Exactly.

@F For Fake you can be happy about all the money you save by not winning auctions.

I find that I win what I want to win, because I bid what I think the piece is worth, and then walk away. I have no interest in getting into a match with anyone just to win an auction.

38 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

Agreed on all counts. I've enjoyed buying and selling with CLink. The only downside with CLInk is waiting for a long time to get the check, but I just roll with it. 

12 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Agreed on all counts. I've enjoyed buying and selling with CLink. The only downside with CLInk is waiting for a long time to get the check, but I just roll with it. 

Actually, this is one of the few pros in Clink ‘s favor over HA, IMHO.

clink pays consignors after 30 days; Heritage = 45 days

Edited by jjonahjameson11

15 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I find that I win what I want to win, because I bid what I think the piece is worth, and then walk away. I have no interest in getting into a match with anyone just to win an auction.

So you’ve never been outbid on Clink?  You’ve won each and every piece you’ve bid on?

4 hours ago, Will_K said:

I don't like the "drop dead" auction approach.  I like the HA and ComicConnect approaches to keep the bidding going.  Gotta eek out more bids !!!

Absolutely 

As a seller I don’t like that C-Link fails to generate that extra push to draw extra bids:

3 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

F42C78B7-B1E0-4277-AB8B-7BA67F30889C.jpeg.1e8902468b0028209cb36b41a5397b6a.jpeg

3 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

So you’ve never been outbid on Clink?  You’ve won each and every piece you’ve bid on?

No, I decided what I wanted to pay, placed my bids, and then didn't check until the auctions were over. If it went for more than I paid, then I didn't want it. Getting caught up in last minute/second bidding wars doesn't appeal to me. It leads to overpaying.

8 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

No, I decided what I wanted to pay, placed my bids, and then didn't check until the auctions were over. If it went for more than I paid, then I didn't want it. Getting caught up in last minute/second bidding wars doesn't appeal to me. It leads to overpaying.

Ah , thanks for the clarification.

your explanation exactly reinforces my point that as a seller,  Clink will never maximize sales prices on my OA, and that’s why I’ve stopped  consigning to them. 

I believe others are in agreement, hence Clinks decreased offerings

Edited by jjonahjameson11

12 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Ah , thanks for the clarification.

your explanation exactly reinforces my point that as a seller,  Clink will never maximize sales prices on my OA, and that’s why I’ve stopped  consigning to them. 

I believe others are in agreement, hence Clinks decreased offerings

Fair enough. I'd tend to agree with @Real Elijah Snow that the few extra shekels HA manages to squeeze out of prolonged auctions is likely offset by the difference in fees. But to each their own.