• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Auction starts with a bang August 13

187 posts in this topic

I haven’t sold anything in a while, but I stopped consigning with Clink because so many auctions would end on holiday weekends, Fridays, etc... horrible for sellers on those days. That and there were a few pieces I sent that I wasn’t impressed with the write up, gave them additional info, but no changes. 

10 hours ago, grapeape said:

I think C-Link is in need of a serious pep talk. After posting this thread “starts with a bang” I took a deeper look into the auction offerings and they seemed lacking in pizazz.

I would like to see C-Link stay quasi relevant presenting OA. Some competition with HA I think is good for buyers and sellers. 

So yes C-Link this thing kicks off in ten short days. It’s time to get angry. If you’ve got more let’s see it.

CAC42E3E-406F-4F09-95D0-B82E457667E4.jpeg.c086007491c42e1e8fb4962efebb1540.jpeg

I kinda always thought they try not to post everything while their Focused Auctions are going on so they don’t stymie bids there if bidders hold off for the Featured. With the frequency of auctions it’s kind of a tough game, for me as a buyer I’m always thinking there may be something to hold off for on the next auction.

So, yeah I’m hoping for some more in the Clink Summer auction once the Focused auction closes.

1 hour ago, cloud cloddie said:

I haven’t sold anything in a while, but I stopped consigning with Clink because so many auctions would end on holiday weekends, Fridays, etc... horrible for sellers on those days. That and there were a few pieces I sent that I wasn’t impressed with the write up, gave them additional info, but no changes. 

Comic-Link puts virtually no effort into their write ups (descriptions).
Lazy Bones.

You are not the only one to feel the need to insist on providing them pertinent information to enhance the attractiveness of the art  for auction. 

The first board member to tell me “the art should sell itself” is missing the point. Good descriptions with the art help create additional enthusiasm. 

Auctions should end when the optimum number of interested parties can be available. 

9 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I have a bunch of graded GA stuff to sell and I will likely see about sending to Clink for auction. The reason is looking aT the final hammer on both HA and Clink shows they end about the same price but the fees on Clink are a fraction of what you get charged on Clink. 

I agree that selling non-descript graded books on Clink is just as good as Heritage. :baiting:

In all seriousness, there are a lot of types of books that I would never sell on Heritage, even with preferential terms.  Marvel SA, any BA, any CA, etc.  Clink's clientele for these kinds of books is just as good as Heritage's (probably 95% overlap anyways).

1 hour ago, grapeape said:

Comic-Link puts virtually no effort into their write ups (descriptions).
Lazy Bones.

You are not the only one to feel the need to insist on providing them pertinent information to enhance the attractiveness of the art  for auction. 

The first board member to tell me “the art should sell itself” is missing the point. Good descriptions with the art help create additional enthusiasm. 

Auctions should end when the optimum number of interested parties can be available. 

I've had this experience as well. Provided extensive write-up material --doing the work for them, ahead of time--better than what they went with, and nothing. I don't know if HA is any better in this regard though.

11 hours ago, tth2 said:

I agree that selling non-descript graded books on Clink is just as good as Heritage. :baiting:

In all seriousness, there are a lot of types of books that I would never sell on Heritage, even with preferential terms.  Marvel SA, any BA, any CA, etc.  Clink's clientele for these kinds of books is just as good as Heritage's (probably 95% overlap anyways).

Agreed. I sell those type of comics with them. I’m disappointed with past performance and handling of OA they auctioned for me.

John McCrea Hitman 12 Cover

John’s an extremely talented artists.
C-Link gives you this pic and no write up. Nothing. If the consignor is out there contact me. On your behalf I’ll provide a proper write up and speak to them before the auction. What are you paying 10% for?

0E90E478-6BC1-4FA1-9F7F-C66A01A41061.thumb.jpeg.e3ebb486dea5b7aa4c2cb8adcf83f69d.jpeg

Al Williamson

Frank Frazetta

1950 John Wayne Adventure Comics 3 Page 3

John Wayne being erased (canceled) by USC and his name taken off John Wayne Airport (absurd). Will that be a motivation for any John Wayne fans out there to buy this?

My guess it’s the artists more than the subject matter that will drive bidding. But this is a slice of Americana to be sure.

B1B6FB0D-77F5-4379-8C76-56147404842A.thumb.jpeg.8a63642516faf02fe9d9cfd9a4331f98.jpeg

25 minutes ago, grapeape said:

John McCrea Hitman 12 Cover

John’s an extremely talented artists.
C-Link gives you this pic and no write up. Nothing. If the consignor is out there contact me. On your behalf I’ll provide a proper write up and speak to them before the auction. What are you paying 10% for?

0E90E478-6BC1-4FA1-9F7F-C66A01A41061.thumb.jpeg.e3ebb486dea5b7aa4c2cb8adcf83f69d.jpeg

I'm the consignor! Feel free to PM me a write-up I can forward :P

They also labelled my Ron Lim Infinity War page as an Infinity Gauntlet page.  I'll tell them at the same time.

Malvin

Edited by malvin

Oh yeah, my consignments (the McCrea Hitman cover that Grapeape posted on, as well as a couple of other items) just recently arrived so they just scanned and posted it.  They were going to add the description later.  I did forward Grapeape's awesome write-up to get them started.

Malvin

Edited by malvin

4 hours ago, malvin said:

Oh yeah, my consignments (the McCrea Hitman cover that Grapeape posted on, as well as a couple of other items) just recently arrived so they just scanned and posted it.  They were going to add the description later.  I did forward Grapeape's awesome write-up to get them started.

Malvin

The auction house is churning out stuff from estates and elders, not always able to discern provenance.  Any help from the seller or watcher is appreciated, I'm sure.  David