• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANOTHER Supe 1.
2 2

28 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

There's a pandemic going on. People are worried about their cash flow and future. Better to have $130k in hand right now while they can still get it.

I don’t think a few being available suddenly makes a book collectors have desired for 50 years passé.   It’s always been one of the great books of the hobby and I don’t see that changing.  I’d sure love to have one :/

9 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

The scan is so poor I can’t tell what the PQ is. 

and where’s the back cover on this $130k book?

cmon people. We are better than this

C299B5E6-EB63-44F5-9D8D-005E48A178A5.png

36 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

The description states the seller purchased this from CL "...purchased this book from Comiclink a couple of months ago" but I don't see it listed as a sale pending anywhere which they seem to show for eons.

16 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I don’t think a few being available suddenly makes a book collectors have desired for 50 years passé.   It’s always been one of the great books of the hobby and I don’t see that changing.  I’d sure love to have one :/

I agree.  You would think for high dollar books like these, the seller would invest in a scanner and offer high res scans.  Or if they did purchase from CL like they say, use those scans.  

Edit - sorry, Bronty.  Was trying to quote @GreatCaesarsGhost regarding the images.

Edited by telerites

11 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Did you get that off the current eBay ad? Because mine won’t show that clearly 

Yes.   I just blew it up on my phone .  eBay pic.

2 Supes1 in next HA

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+793+794+791+1893+792+2088&Ntk=SI_Titles&Nty=1&Ntt=superman+1&limitTo=all&ic=homepage-search-A-071316

Neither is noteworthy but hey, Supes1 ! Nuff said.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

There's a pandemic going on. People are worried about their cash flow and future. Better to have $130k in hand right now while they can still get it.

If I had a spare $130K I’d probably buy a small island somewhere...

1 hour ago, KCOComics said:

When you get the island, I'll send you a reprint of superman 1 so you can read it on your beach. 

Had one once a long time ago. Sold it to buy my first house (along with a lot of others). Tell you what, when I get the island, I'll invite you over, bring the reprint, and we can go fishing!

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Wo !  Yeah. Just seeing a lot even pre pandemic. Plus another one found in the wild right before first of year.  The low census numbers made it more appealing to me imo.  Never a fab of the book because it’s mostly reprints.  Pandemic hasn’t seemed to bring Action 1 or Tec 27 out of woodwork ?

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Wo !  Yeah. Just seeing a lot even pre pandemic. Plus another one found in the wild right before first of year.  The low census numbers made it more appealing to me imo.  Never a fab of the book because it’s mostly reprints.  Pandemic hasn’t seemed to bring Action 1 or Tec 27 out of woodwork ?

Things would have to get a little worse first...

370E6995-D123-480A-B653-23F5496F4A34.gif.730856e5683718d8e0a564a091c7e035.gif

45D660E4-C8D8-4EBE-9338-0D93A5919AAF.gif.fc950d4e6b5331ad63237def2ccfe955.gif

58FFA4B0-1D7F-4F1A-83B2-23A0A3974288.gif.cf316720b361e3e5e1c4795eb5ae89a4.gif