• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Else Notice A Major Slowdown in the Mail?
4 4

163 posts in this topic

Priority is moving ok, first and media are crawling, both sending and receiving. Particularly on packages I am receiving that are sent UPS, who then "hand off"' to USPS. These packages are arriving at USPS and then sit a week or more before being "accepted". Can't go into much of a discussion of why this is happening without getting the thread flagged for politics, but the slowdown is real, and it's also real dumb.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:54 PM, Robot Man said:
On 8/1/2020 at 10:41 AM, AnkurJ said:

Shipped a package by priority to someone who lives about 45 minutes away on 7/23. Has yet to arrive....last scan was 7/27. At what point do you get insurance involved? It’s an expensive piece of art but was packed very securely.

I’d hang in s little while. Very slow as they say here. Frankly, at 45 minutes away,  I would meet the person in the middle somewhere for hand delivery on an expensive piece. 

Me too, but like he said its already in the mail. My last three or four deliveries were 5/7 days late but I got them. " out for delivery " can mean anything now, but the longer its in the mail, the more susceptible to damage.

24 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

It’s not dumb. If it isn’t criminal, or unconstitutional, it should be. It is certainly, sleezy and suspect at best. 

Suffice to say I agree, but again, not wanting to get the thread locked down. It’s all extremely shady.

I've got a package that arrived in state on 7/31. It's about a 30 minute drive from here. Hasn't budged. I could walk there and get it at this point and be faster.

I have a Nyx 3 9.8 shipped out that I sent on the 25th. After the initial distribution center scan that night, it's gone radio silent. That's 13 days. Buyer is getting frustrated and I don't blame him. So am I. I've also had two other packages just die in the abyss though thankfully much cheaper comics. Anyone have luck with reporting missing mail?

Edited by Tnexus

11 hours ago, Tnexus said:

I have a Nyx 3 9.8 shipped out that I sent on the 25th. After the initial distribution center scan that night, it's gone radio silent. That's 13 days. Buyer is getting frustrated and I don't blame him. So am I. I've also had two other packages just die in the abyss though thankfully much cheaper comics. Anyone have luck with reporting missing mail?

This happened to me in April as well, on two packages insured for $500+ each. I opened a case with USPS and both items were located and started moving within a couple days and arrived unharmed and intact.

I just opened a case yesterday for my uninsured package; I already received an “initial contact” phone call but this agent did not sound very confident. I don’t know if that’s the usual attitude on cases or a recent development. 

Besides the slowdowns everyone else is experiencing, I've had two recent purchases end up in the "no tracking movement dead zone" for weeks, only to show up at my door anyway.  In other words the items did not get scanned somewhere along their journey, tracking still shows them stuck somewhere, but I have my stuff.  Maybe I've just gotten lucky in the past but I've never seen this before.  Since I'm an honest person it's no harm no foul, but what's to stop some dirtbag in the same situation from simply claiming "The stuff never showed up!"? (shrug)  This has me a little concerned about items I've recently sold and shipped that are still sitting out there in tracking purgatory.  Did the stuff get delivered or not?    

2 hours ago, Roo_Phillip said:

Besides the slowdowns everyone else is experiencing, I've had two recent purchases end up in the "no tracking movement dead zone" for weeks, only to show up at my door anyway.  In other words the items did not get scanned somewhere along their journey, tracking still shows them stuck somewhere, but I have my stuff.  Maybe I've just gotten lucky in the past but I've never seen this before.  Since I'm an honest person it's no harm no foul, but what's to stop some dirtbag in the same situation from simply claiming "The stuff never showed up!"? (shrug)  This has me a little concerned about items I've recently sold and shipped that are still sitting out there in tracking purgatory.  Did the stuff get delivered or not?    

these types of shipping problems are causing headaches on ebay. if you’re a top-rated seller, you’ll lose that preferred status if shipments are marked as arriving late or not scanned as delivered. i feel like ebay should ease off on it if it’s systemic with the post office and outside of the seller’s control.

2 hours ago, Roo_Phillip said:

This is what I'm seeing as a buyer. Packages are in limbo for three weeks or so, then just magically appear with no update to tracking status. As a seller I sent out about 60 first and media mail packages over the last couple of weeks. No complaints so far, but I'm bracing for the "where is my stuff???" Storm.

52 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

For what it’s worth, I sent out two media mail packages across country and they were delivered in a week flat...(shrug)

They clearly know how important you are and are expediting. 

I just had a priority mail package take a week to get to me from the same state.  It is absolutely slower/dicier these days in general, and that's beyond debate.  Haven't had anything lost though.

I’m still waiting since mid June for two figures from Philippines / China. (He ships between the two) .. I’m not filing a claim since I don’t want to be put on the seller’s bad buyer list and be blocked.  Seller has been an exceptional seller over the years and at worst I’m out $15 (I think) 

Edited by Buzzetta

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

For what it’s worth, I sent out two media mail packages across country and they were delivered in a week flat...(shrug)

I recently had a media mail package ship in California on a Thursday and then it was delivered to me in Michigan two days later on Saturday.  That's incredibly fast for media mail.  It was definitely an outlier, but I was amazed.

I had a lot of packages suffer delays back in April/May, but they have been a lot better for me over the past 5-6 weeks.