• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Else Notice A Major Slowdown in the Mail?
4 4

163 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2020 at 1:37 PM, Frederic9494 said:

My XPressPost parcel sent to MCS in late July has been in USPS limbo for more than two weeks now...

... and it finally reached destination on Monday August 24th after almost a full month touring the beautiful USA! ^^ (or maybe it was just gathering dust in a USPS office)

Relieved but that's far from an express service :eek:

12 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

This package arrived today. I like it.

IMG_20200829_165732.jpg

Perhaps I have been fortunate, I do not think so, but I have only ever been served by professional US Postal Service mail persons that take great pride in their work and that always go above and beyond to ensure that their customers timely and accurately receive their mail.

2 minutes ago, electricprune said:

I just had a book delivered via USPS today (a holiday). It was from MCS. So, I have to give them credit for that. Surprised they are working today.

lol I don't know how much of that is to the credit of mcs but rather USPS, because I have like 3-4 slabs that are now at the Dallas "Hub". MCS is inbetween Dallas and FT Worth, but this mail made it to the Dallas distribution center early Saturday and only one made it through to be delivered on Saturday.....

lol just patience hahaha

On 8/26/2020 at 8:45 PM, JohnH19 said:

I sent an eBay sale package from Canada to Florida on May 6th. It got to a postal station in Chicago on May 9th and then it sat there. The buyer filed a claim after 2 months and eBay refunded him the full amount, including postage, of $400+ out of my PayPal account.

Last Thursday, August 20th, the package arrived at its destination after 3.5 months. The buyer purchased a second identical item in the interim so now he’s not sure if he wants mine. Now we’re negotiating a new repayment amount, because he won’t pay the original purchase price, or a return of the item. Oh, well. At least it showed up. 

At least he was honest enough to tell you. It could have been worse.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

At least he was honest enough to tell you. It could have been worse.

It was good of him to let me know, as he told me he would, but tracking also showed that it was delivered. 

A couple of large bubble envelopes from Nashville took three weeks to get to me in Canada. Typical used to be one week.

I guess, not only is there a "slow down" in the mail, but USPS isn't even doing their :censored:ing jobs.

I was home at 3:15 yesterday. They had 3 packages out for delivery. Checked the tracking numbers at 5:00. "4:52; No access to delivery location." Are you effing serious...? I was home. Ring the damn buzzer.

everyone in the country has now noticed the sick joke that is usps. this thread is probably unneccessary now.

i saw a book on feebay i wanted, and seller said he ships usps. i wrote him and requested fedex. he agreed, changed the listing, and i bought the book right away. 

if you sell, only ship with ups, fedex or dhl, and when buying, insist that sellers do the same. or in the case of ron jeremy/cary grant, just dont buy from him.