• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Richmond, VA Comic Con is BACK! Sat, Aug. 22

27 posts in this topic

Just announced! After almost 10 months we are FINALLY having another Comicon, and this time it will be in a brand new (to us) hall at the Richmond Raceway, with over 30,000 square feet available for social distancing.

Get the full skinny here: https://vacomicon.com/events/facemask-comicon/

Aug. 22 / Richmond Raceway, Richmond, VA 

^^

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

I hope this con works well with it's Covid precautions but folks will still be elbowing each other for the $1 and $2 bins.

It's true. The little show in Santa Clarita in late June was a prime example of that. We can't deny our baser instincts. Plenty of other dealers and space but one guy must have had a lot of great dollar deals and in the  far right that guy must have had a lot of $5 deals.

IMG_3936.JPG

IMG_3937.JPG

On 8/7/2020 at 6:42 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Will anyone be having a show with comic art, or established artists in attendance?

If you have a con that is limited to 25 people per hour with vendors included why would anyone “established” want to appear there???

9 hours ago, anstettoman said:

If you have a con that is limited to 25 people per hour with vendors included why would anyone “established” want to appear there???

Because it may be the only game in town. Besides, artists like to interact with their fans. And, there are different levels of “established”.

I'd love to be able to go to this, but there's no way I'd feel comfortable, even with the precautions (of which I'm sadly skeptical when it comes to their effectiveness). Hopefully by 2021 things are safe enough for me to attend.

Update sent out today and...

THE CON IS STILL A GO!!!

(to date, overall VA positive % stabilized weeks ago, even falling slightly again this week)

Edited by snitzer

Family and I went to the con today and had a great time! Same awesome dealers, same awesome artists and a few new vendors actually. The larger space was a nice change as the con had really outgrown the old venue. 

No pics as we were too busy enjoying ourselves and those around us 👍

Next one is set for October already!

2 hours ago, CCComics said:

Great, wish I could have gone. Hopefully more and more cons have the nerve to go on. Wish things lined up to make the trip. Would love to hear more from people and dealers who went. Thanks for the update. 

Rules were super easy for everyone to follow...not sure what’s holding others back at this point as the US could use more positive events like cons these days :foryou:

On 8/23/2020 at 12:53 PM, CCComics said:

Hopefully more and more cons have the nerve to go on.

I wish more people were willing to follow basic rules and act like fundamentally decent human beings who have concern for the well-being of others. Sadly, that hasn't been the case. If people followed the rules in RVA, great, but can that be done consistently enough for shows to happen? I'm skeptical.

5 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

I wish more people were willing to follow basic rules and act like fundamentally decent human beings who have concern for the well-being of others. Sadly, that hasn't been the case. If people followed the rules in RVA, great, but can that be done consistently enough for shows to happen? I'm skeptical.

If your skeptical,scared, have bad health, sickly or gets offended easily, stay at home. Let other people have some fun.  I'm sure people will follow the rules. LET'S HAVE SHOWS!!