• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Richmond, VA Comic Con is BACK! Sat, Aug. 22

27 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, CCComics said:

Let other people have some fun.  I'm sure people will follow the rules. LET'S HAVE SHOWS!!

As for your point about "getting easily offended", I didn't realize that people failing to follow guidelines that could save lives, and subsequently contributing to the deaths of 175k Americans, counted as being "easily offended." My whole point is that I hope people will follow the rules, but I doubt it, b/c it's been six months and people cannot seem to grasp the concept. Your all-caps attitude, is just indicative of that fact.

I'd love nothing more than for shows to come back and be safe; I'm just saying it doesn't seem like they are. But go ahead and enjoy yourself, consequences be damned. I'm sure it's worth it when you, or a loved on, or just some poor service industry employee gets sick because you just had to go to a show.

16 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

As for your point about "getting easily offended", I didn't realize that people failing to follow guidelines that could save lives, and subsequently contributing to the deaths of 175k Americans, counted as being "easily offended." My whole point is that I hope people will follow the rules, but I doubt it, b/c it's been six months and people cannot seem to grasp the concept. Your all-caps attitude, is just indicative of that fact.

I'd love nothing more than for shows to come back and be safe; I'm just saying it doesn't seem like they are. But go ahead and enjoy yourself, consequences be damned. I'm sure it's worth it when you, or a loved on, or just some poor service industry employee gets sick because you just had to go to a show.

No, your point is trying to fear monger. If a show is happening with safety guidelines and people want to go, let them go. Nobody wants to hear your negativity. "My all caps attitude" is me being positive. You should try it.  Again,if you don't want to go, Just stay in your bunker and don't go to any shows.  It's as simple as that. 

1 hour ago, CCComics said:

No, your point is trying to fear monger. If a show is happening with safety guidelines and people want to go, let them go. Nobody wants to hear your negativity. "My all caps attitude" is me being positive. You should try it.  Again,if you don't want to go, Just stay in your bunker and don't go to any shows.  It's as simple as that. 

I'm not fear-mongering; I'm expressing my opinion. It doesn't much matter whether we're negative or positive--we're dealing with a virus, not a terrorist. It's hard to be positive when, after 175k deaths, people still don't take this seriously, and seem to prioritize having fun over the safety of everyone else. I'm not stopping anyone from going anywhere; I'm merely expressing the view that it's a big risk to take for something which will, if we take this seriously now, still be around in 6 months.

First off, I don’t “live in a bunker”, I’m not scared or negative. I am cautious for myself, my family and even total strangers. If you all haven’t noticed, we are experiencing a problem we have never faced ever before.

The problem we have here is simple. A virus that has killed 175K people in this country. No matter how you think about it, it could have and should be minimized. Instead, we have a whole lot of people in denial. In denial, because they are selfish, childlike and could care less about any one but them selves. 

175k people dead, our economy in shambles and up to now a half of a year of our lives taken away so a few thoughtless people can party, ignore others, oh, and buy comic books...(shrug)

13 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

I'm not fear-mongering; I'm expressing my opinion. It doesn't much matter whether we're negative or positive--we're dealing with a virus, not a terrorist. It's hard to be positive when, after 175k deaths, people still don't take this seriously, and seem to prioritize having fun over the safety of everyone else. I'm not stopping anyone from going anywhere; I'm merely expressing the view that it's a big risk to take for something which will, if we take this seriously now, still be around in 6 months.

You have expressed your opinion and rammed it down our throats. Isn't this a thread about a show? It's not a news channel for you to come in and tell us how bad everything is. Soon as someone says anything good about a show ,you guys come on a positive thread and make it negative. 

12 hours ago, Robot Man said:

First off, I don’t “live in a bunker”, I’m not scared or negative. I am cautious for myself, my family and even total strangers. If you all haven’t noticed, we are experiencing a problem we have never faced ever before.

The problem we have here is simple. A virus that has killed 175K people in this country. No matter how you think about it, it could have and should be minimized. Instead, we have a whole lot of people in denial. In denial, because they are selfish, childlike and could care less about any one but them selves. 

175k people dead, our economy in shambles and up to now a half of a year of our lives taken away so a few thoughtless people can party, ignore others, oh, and buy comic books...(shrug)

Then don't go any shows, simple as that. Live YOUR life. Oh, and I love how you say that your not being negative ,but you go on and say:

"175k people dead, our economy in shambles and up to now a half of a year of our lives taken away so a few thoughtless people can party, ignore others, oh, and buy comic books...(shrug)"

Thanks for the news updates.