• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I get both (2nd print)ASM 361s signed?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

So my Dad gave me what he had left of his collection, he sold about 10,000 during the recession to the LCS, I got about 1000 from him plus a couple hundred I've added since then. 

These were two of his. My plan was to get both signed(Bagley) and trade/sell the one to my LCS for more comics. However, I noticed the top staples(on both)have some rust. Is it still worth it to get both signed? Or am I better off keeping one raw?  I definitely want one signed for myself regardless. 

P.s. I gotta say these chat boards and the people on them have been great. Sorry for asking so many questions lately. Not many people around me are into comics so the info I get through here is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

20200729_153417.jpg

20200729_152637.jpg

20200729_153135.jpg

If you have rusty staples, probably a pass on both for value after getting signed

But otherwise, work out your own math using sold prices on eBay using your estimated grades.  Calculate the cost of shipping, wigs, grading, return shipping, insurance, signing, and see if it works out in terms of your profit preferences 

Thanks for the response! Yea I've been tracking a few on ebay, seems I'd be lucky to get one for $50. It's not really an issue I could justify having three of either. I'd buy a 9.8 1st print but I wouldn't want to get it signed. I figured I'd ask since I had them laying around and I planned on sending one in anyway. Thanks again.