• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Damaged by fire?!!
2 2

32 posts in this topic

I'm a retired firefighter, I've seen a lot of burned things after a fire. Any one ever seen or have a CGC case damaged by fire? With comic still in it?! Post pics! I might even buy it from you for my retirement wall in my office... we had a propane tank from a grill that exploded flat! We mounted it on the wall at the station. It was cool looking...our lawyer says we don't know how it got to the station:devil:...and up on the wall.

On 8/1/2020 at 9:49 AM, Trifisherjoe said:

I'm a retired firefighter, I've seen a lot of burned things after a fire. Any one ever seen or have a CGC case damaged by fire? With comic still in it?! Post pics! I might even buy it from you for my retirement wall in my office... we had a propane tank from a grill that exploded flat! We mounted it on the wall at the station. It was cool looking...our lawyer says we don't know how it got to the station:devil:...and up on the wall.

This is a great question. I was thinking about this myself the other day. I would also be curious how the cases stand up to smoke damage, standing water from burst pipes or natural flooding, direct sunlight and other day to day disasters or mistakes.

I am already well versed on that they look like after rough handling from the postal service. (:

On 8/1/2020 at 6:49 AM, Trifisherjoe said:

I'm sure they would consider selling if you're interested.

LINK

14 hours ago, Trifisherjoe said:

I contacted them, not interested in selling...for now.

Any other finds, send my way with pics! Thanks.

Why on earth would he want to keep them? Is he also a retired firefighter? 

I feel like if any of my collection suffered that fate, I wouldn't be able to look at them ever again.  It would be heart breaking. 

It's ok. Stan Lee signature probably keeps you hooked...seems like insurance would pay you out on those too...and ins. company doesn't want them! I planted the seed, just got to give it time...once they think about it, takes a couple weeks and usually they call.

22 hours ago, Trifisherjoe said:

...my wife says get your low value slabs and some beer, we will head down to bonfire Sat. night and make your own melted comics! 

I'm not sure that burning plastic is good for humans to breath or the environment...I would think you'd know this as a retired fire fighter.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:49 AM, Trifisherjoe said:

maybe you can buy a cheap slab off of eBay (there are plenty of them)  and burn it up some yourself !!!

On 8/1/2020 at 9:49 AM, Trifisherjoe said:

This is the best thread I've ever seen...it's lit....it's pure fire!

And for you my friend

maxresdefault-1.jpg

downloadfile-1.gif

Edited by Hollywood1892