• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
14 14

218 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

One for the road? ???

The end of epic Ricksneatstuff sales threads? Say it ain’t so. 

Contrary to common belief, a lot of us don’t even look at the big auctions anymore. 

With ebay becoming a cesspool of disappointment, no shows and big auction houses squeezing every dime out of our pockets, there really aren’t many options left for the little guys. 

These boards are about my only option left to score a few books at decent prices. 

More money I guess to spend on other passions...

I will still be around the boards and may sell a book or two here and there but my attention is mainly on bringing other people’s collections to market.  As far as selling, overall I have mostly faired better auctioning on Heritage than selling on the boards. Also, now with our ComicMarket direct sale option I am posting more books there. 

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

14 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I will still be around the boards and may sell a book or two here and there but my attention is mainly on bringing other people’s collections to market.  As far as selling, overall I have mostly faired better auctioning on Heritage than selling on the boards. Also, now with our ComicMarket direct sale option I am posting more books there. 

ComicMarket the Japanese website? Is that now that large?

That is disappoining. 

I always looked forward to your sales threads even though I've only actually bought 2 books from you. 

Your enthusiasm for pulps even luried me into picking up a few from the late 20s.

That said, Good luck with heritage! Odds are,  I'll be the under bidder on many of your auctions,  because I just never seem to win anything with heritage! 

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

One for the road? ???

The end of epic Ricksneatstuff sales threads? Say it ain’t so. 

WTH are you talking about? 

No more Rick? Seriously? :whatthe:

COULD 2020 GET ANY WORSE? 

Please, don't answer...and I never asked that question if the devil comes back around. 

6 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Simply the finest times I've ever had on the boards are with Rick.  Either his killer threads, or battling him in deliciously high-speed take-fests.  His retiring from threads is most bittersweet.  I've spent more with him than everyone else here combined, so my budget might enjoy the reprieve, and having him load up Heritage with more awesomeness can't hurt either.  But it does feel like the end of an era, a changing of the guards, maybe old dinosaurs like him and I move out and youngsters with their new-fangled Silver move in....

Comical Situation will take over soon.