• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
14 14

218 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

I've held off on commenting here out of cognitive dissonance at first, but once Rick revealed his great personal news (congrats!) it sunk in -- Rick, we'll miss your incomparable sales threads, but I want to believe we won't be missing you as I assume you'll remain an active and integral part of these boards in your new role.

That said, missing your threads is missing a big part of you, at least as the virtual world goes. Before I ever sold a book on here, I studied several sellers' approaches in order to fit in as a collector sharing books that were no longer for my collection. I have borrowed liberally from what I have learned from you; thank you!

(I've also had the pleasure/honor of hosting one of those Rick/ @Comcav shootouts; what a show but it's exhausting to behold! I had found a collection of pre-code romance books; surely that tells anyone who wasn't there all they need to know.)

Rick was also one of my very first deals on the boards; a cash/trade swap involving a Roly Poly 12 and a couple GA Archies. I had recognized the Roly Poly in one of Rick's sales threads as one I had lost in the final seconds of an eBay auction; it was Rick and I who had been bidding each other up, it turns out. He generously offered it to me at a cash/trade value equal to what he had in it. Thank you, buddy!

Your sales threads will be sorely missed as they are almost always a living clubhouse for us on here, but I expect not to have to say you will be missed, as I am hoping your conversation, commentary and general participation remains. You're a part of what makes this place great; congrats again on your new endeavor! (thumbsu

That was a classic battle.  Like Hulk vs Thing.  hahahha

Why is this thread reminding me of when Tom Sawyer showed up at his own funeral?  Thought i'd turn it into a party and bring a cake.  Just looking at my slabbed collection and Rick is responsible for a lot of them.  Thanks brother and good luck in the new position!  (I finally feel like somebody who knows somebody)

CBAE58B2-0A99-4C57-BCBA-061950A97DDC.jpeg

Edited by ThothAmon

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

So sad to hear about Rick.

At least he’s getting closer to civilization.:baiting:

95382202-92DB-43B0-A68E-C472DD6CD856.gif.aa6ba69a1cd7bd913e61846641d066d6.gif

I’m pretty sure after he’s served his “time” in Dallas they’ll move him to the Beverly Hills office after destroying Heritage’s most flips in a single day record...:nyah:

CFD106F3-16DD-4B2E-9C7B-A64B845E8D48.gif.8749533fd1e48a5e2cab6a08a1d3faf6.gif

383FDE12-A18E-4CFD-8F88-51E9B52D254F.gif.d35fdd0959498422b177095334b96ba0.gif

Edited by N e r V

9 hours ago, Readcomix said:

I've held off on commenting here out of cognitive dissonance at first, but once Rick revealed his great personal news (congrats!) it sunk in -- Rick, we'll miss your incomparable sales threads, but I want to believe we won't be missing you as I assume you'll remain an active and integral part of these boards in your new role.

That said, missing your threads is missing a big part of you, at least as the virtual world goes. Before I ever sold a book on here, I studied several sellers' approaches in order to fit in as a collector sharing books that were no longer for my collection. I have borrowed liberally from what I have learned from you; thank you!

(I've also had the pleasure/honor of hosting one of those Rick/ @Comcav shootouts; what a show but it's exhausting to behold! I had found a collection of pre-code romance books; surely that tells anyone who wasn't there all they need to know.)

Rick was also one of my very first deals on the boards; a cash/trade swap involving a Roly Poly 12 and a couple GA Archies. I had recognized the Roly Poly in one of Rick's sales threads as one I had lost in the final seconds of an eBay auction; it was Rick and I who had been bidding each other up, it turns out. He generously offered it to me at a cash/trade value equal to what he had in it. Thank you, buddy!

Your sales threads will be sorely missed as they are almost always a living clubhouse for us on here, but I expect not to have to say you will be missed, as I am hoping your conversation, commentary and general participation remains. You're a part of what makes this place great; congrats again on your new endeavor! (thumbsu

Second this. I literally copied and pasted his rules, copied the way he posted books even down to how i cropped images. Da best Rick! Feel the love!

Robert

1 hour ago, Casablanca said:

Second this. I literally copied and followed his hipster lifestyle, copied the way he dressed even down to how he brushed his hair. Da best Rick! Feel the love!

Robert

Fixed that for you....:devil:

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

Fixed that for you....:devil:

Dude was fly!. We meet up for breakfast NYCC last year..in walked Rick, like Carlton Fisk, flowing hair, don't give AF attitude, bowling shirt...Not F'ng kidding..right Rick!?

Edited by Casablanca
Yes I realize Fisk is bald

42 minutes ago, Gamma Ray Comics said:

I have to jump on the bandwagon and show Rick some love. Over the years, he has become a mentor to me—introducing Matt Baker, Okajima pedigrees, and many more. He's inspired and helped me acquire some truly classic books—below is just a small sampling. Oh and if you think it's all doom and gloom, the new and improved Heritage Rick helped me get that last book on the list. Heritage is Fantastic!

Ricks_Finest.thumb.jpg.d9ee1142e2a358404d05ac3171dee30f.jpg

Whoa.. All top 8...uhm