• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
14 14

218 posts in this topic

Thanks for the kind words William! (worship)

I think there are plenty of new guys (and a few older ones who were here before me) putting up stuff and if it’s the right golden age books I think @Comcav insatiable appetite will be here too. I’m not gone completely.  I’m right here at Heritage, a click away, and will still show off some stuff here and there. 

That’s one of the clicks. https://comics.ha.com/information/comic-book-online-market.s?ic=hero-comicMarket-allComics-learnMore-033020

A couple years ago I said it was my last thread and it wasn’t.  This is different because there is so much great stuff I am a part of bringing to market I just don’t have the time for selling my own anymore.  

6 minutes ago, Comcav said:

well, I think he kicked it around before.  Big difference now - he's working for Heritage.  Just won't have time.

I love the CGC boards! What a great community and if it was not for this place I don’t think I would have gone as far down the rabbit hole as I have. 

Just now, Ricksneatstuff said:

I love the CGC boards! What a great community and if it was not for this place I don’t think I would have gone as far down the rabbit hole as I have. 

What was that you said?  Speak up... this rabbit hole is FREAKING DEEP!   hahahahah

As long as we are headed down memory lane, I will toss in my 2 cents! i bought my first book on the boards from Rick..a killer Planet book which i still have. it is funny, i remember watching the thread and some boardie named @Comcav kept buying every book in the thread. i was like...who the heck is this nut!? lol

I have always enjoyed watching and learning from Rick. A true legend now and always.

If you've been in the hobby for 20+ years and you've paid attention, then you knew people like Rick come and go and like shining stars, you appreciate them while they're burning bright but know that they'll eventually burn out.  Rick followed a similiar curve of a lot of great boardies who came in blazing and made their mark and then found another focus elsewhere.  Rick and I had a lot of fun over the last few years and I certainly enjoyed it while it lasted.

1 minute ago, dem1138 said:

If you've been in the hobby for 20+ years and you've paid attention, then you knew people like Rick come and go and like shining stars, you appreciate them while they're burning bright but know that they'll eventually burn out.  Rick followed a similiar curve of a lot of great boardies who came in blazing and made their mark and then found another focus elsewhere.  Rick and I had a lot of fun over the last few years and I certainly enjoyed it while it lasted.

Ah, not sure Rick "burned out" .  He is so good he got drafted to the major leagues...