• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Of which comic have you collected the most copies?
8 8

163 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Presently, its ASM 129.  However, waiting for a dozen ASM 300's to return from CGC at which point I'll have more ASM 300's than 129's.  I really love both books and I'm always seeking more copies.

lots of asm 129.jpg

Will the ASM's #300, be signed as well, either way :takeit: but snap, that's so cool! Green with ......

hulk-punch-thor-block-hammer-14125502280

17 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Well, by popular demand, I will post this photo again.  It is no where even close to the MOST copies I have a of a single book, however, it is a book that many people here seem to like (and a photo I have handy on my laptop).  I may post something else later, if I get a chance to gather up some books and snap a photo (please note I am NOT a photographer and my cell phone does not take the best pictures).

1029080558_JoJo25groupof10(3).thumb.jpg.10f0565b6a4a7f09c2c713f69cc656ff.jpg

:applause:

16 hours ago, Hudson said:

I would like to participate in this thread, however, the last time I posted a photo containing multiple copies of the same book, I offended some boardie (who I had never had any previous negative interaction with).   The guy called me a variety of names (using language that I would not care to repeat) and the thread ended up getting locked.   Apparently some people do not believe others should be allowed to collect what they like if what they like is multiple copies of the same book.  So much for personal freedom.   :juggle:

Yeah I’d love to see even though I personally am not a single issue hoarder :)

I guess it is Punisher #1 for some reason even though I do buy multiple copies of Uncanny X-Men #202, 205, 268 and Annual #14 when I come across them.  My apologies for the poor slab pictures.  I intend to buy a legal-size scanner for slabs at some point.  

punisher1_CGC.jpg

punisher1cpv.jpg

punisher1_CBCS _cropped.jpg

punisher1de.jpg

punisher1ns.jpg

I seem to have accumulated 5 copies of Doctor Strange 169 (3 slabbed at 6.5, 8.0 and 9.0 or 6.0, 8.5, 9.0 I forget which) and 5 copies of Strange Tales 126 (3 slabbed, 6.5, 7.0 and 8.0 IIRC). 

I like Doc!

I have had at least one of the Doc 169s for 35 years having bought it when I was 17 and driving allowed me to go to small cons where I bought Doc MoMA lot for 25 cents each with 169 in there too but the ST126 are all purchased in the last 18 months or so.

6 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Presently, its ASM 129.  However, waiting for a dozen ASM 300's to return from CGC at which point I'll have more ASM 300's than 129's.  I really love both books and I'm always seeking more copies.

lots of asm 129.jpg

how is this possible?

6 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

lots of asm 129.jpg

I mean if you don’t have kids, I’ll gladly be adopted and inherit one of those. Just one. Its the big hole in my ASM run from 50-400 missing.

i owned 4 more hulk 340 slabs, but those were sold earlier this year. i still have about 25 more copies raw. at one point, my goal was 50 copies, but i stopped once i hit 40 copies because prices were climbing and there were other books i was chasing at the time.

i have multiple copies of the wolverine mini-series and wolverine #1, so you can tell the copper-age is my collecting sweet-spot.

8B0F3176-02F9-4A98-9719-E8F6AA4A1C4A.jpeg