• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Of which comic have you collected the most copies?
8 8

163 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Kevin.J said:

I have spent years upgrading my books, when I see a nicer copy than mine at the right price I take it.

I am not hoarding books for the sake of it, my time is more precious atm that the effort of selling anything.

I say buy what you want. It's human nature for others to be envious when someone possesses an item they can't afford, especially if it's more than one. Envy and jealousy are prevalent in society today because everybody needs to be a victim. Ignore them and buy as many copies of any comic you want. It's your collection to shape how you want it. 

On 8/2/2020 at 8:20 PM, DR.X said:

I was hopping to see stockpiles of Fish Police, Troll Lords, or Miami Mice.

I cornered the East Coast market on Miami Mice. Originally ordered 1000, but upped it to 2500 at the last minute. Before they were delivered, I was pre-selling them for $3 and sold many bricks of 20 for $100, and some individual copies for as much as $20. For about six weeks, it was the hottest book on the planet. 

I still think MM#4 is a great sleeper hit. Early Turtles drawn b Eastman and Laird and several other artists participate in a jam. 

Edited by shadroch

6 hours ago, Hudson said:

SIr,

You have a fine collection (very fine).  One that you spent a lot of time, effort, and money to acquire.

I am going to assume that you did not acquire multiples of a singel book in order to keep others from owning one, but rather to upgrade or because you enjoy owning more than one copy.

I don't believe you should be required to explain why you collect what you collect or justify your actions to anyone (excdpt maybe a spouse).

I can understand the frustration of some collectors who feel as if one person owning more than one copy creates excess demand and drives the prices up, however, I wonder if those same people are as frustrated by the people who buy comics not for their own collections, but simply to flip them.

Most everyone here on the boards llive in a free country, where we are allowed to buy, sell, or collect what we want (and often work hard for).

In fact, since you are from the UK, I bring to the conversation a certain document  that many here in the United States hold dear.  It says in part, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that sll men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."   If you find happiness in your collection then I applaud you for purseing that which brings you happiness. 

I am guessing in your pursuit you likely brought many dealers and sellers happiness with your purchases.

There is an easy way to get a book someone is “hoarding”. Out bid them next time it comes up for auction. 

5 hours ago, GoldenAgeAddict said:

My multiples are primarily of Usagi Yojimbo.  Have 7-10 of each of the Fantagraphics and Mirage series.  Much less Dark Horse.  

3EEFA25E-59F9-4AEC-90C1-7C5F9C7EC690.jpeg

WHOA

On 8/2/2020 at 4:38 PM, KirbyJack said:

FF annual 6. I used to have 20 or so. I’d give them away to comic reading friends who hadn’t read it. Now it’s too expensive to give away, or replace my pile. I’m reduced to buying the reprint, now.

2C9F974D-6DC3-451B-9C2F-D85476A5041D.thumb.jpeg.30e5b57dc339538a6a9c32582952e630.jpeg

I bought another Giant Size today.

11 hours ago, shadroch said:

I cornered the East Coast market on Miami Mice. Originally ordered 1000, but upped it to 2500 at the last minute. Before they were delivered, I was pre-selling them for $3 and sold many bricks of 20 for $100, and some individual copies for as much as $20. For about six weeks, it was the hottest book on the planet. 

I still think MM#4 is a great sleeper hit. Early Turtles drawn b Eastman and Laird and several other artists participate in a jam. 

Bill, Didn't you at one time have a case of ASM #300? hm

14 minutes ago, Hudson said:

This is a great cover..  I purchased a copy of this book for a good friend of mine as a gift.

Then a certain boardie (name can be seeen on the front tire) was kind enough to draw the below for me to also give my buddy.

1254384313_Batman25KAV.thumb.jpeg.19ac1aa11f65fc0676f47701f578a029.jpeg

It got him to like me folks!
-now I get credit.

20 minutes ago, Hudson said:

This is a great cover..  I purchased a copy of this book for a good friend of mine as a gift.

Then a certain boardie (name can be seeen on the front tire) was kind enough to draw the below for me to also give my buddy.

1254384313_Batman25KAV.thumb.jpeg.19ac1aa11f65fc0676f47701f578a029.jpeg

thats awesome.  It is a very popular cover and largely considered the number 1 golden age romance cover