• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Of which comic have you collected the most copies?
8 8

163 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

I have been trying to trim my multiple copies of GA books but still have some.  I actually have 5 copies of this one.

batman25.jpg

uhm what the ef... (im sure theres ppl w a cute lil pile of the first spidey)

21 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

thats awesome.  It is a very popular cover and largely considered the number 1 golden age romance cover 

Yes and I drew Robin holding him extra tight!

10 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

you did a great job on it Kav :applause:

I've drawn a lot of pieces for Hudson I love the way he appreciates them-this one was one of the most difficult-all that black surrounding details is tricky.

1 hour ago, mr_highgrade said:

Bill, Didn't you at one time have a case of ASM #300? hm

Three cases, but that wouldn't make my Top Ten.  My partner at the time was an old baseball card dealer who got me into ordering an extra case or two if I thought a book would be hot. We must have had twenty cases of Superman 1.  We took a few baths- Johnny Quest, Wonder Woman, Doom Patrol, Tales of GI Joe, 

A case of 200 .75 cent books was only $75 so you could speculate. I sold the last of my cases before I left NY in 2016, but picked up a few bulk lots since.

8 hours ago, littledoom said:

I have an embarrassing amount of Spawn 298, 299, 300, 301s... multiple covers.. I bought into the whole gimmick heavy :(

I did the same with the Star Wars relaunch in 2015.  I can't believe I wasted money on all those variants.  Mercifully I purged most from my possession.  I only have a few of the #1 variants left (actively trying to unload them).  I eventually just started listing them on ebay and took a big loss apart from a few that people actually wanted them.  That went into my Lessons Learned journal.

20 hours ago, batman_fan said:

you did a great job on it Kav :applause:

@kav does great work and is super nice about it.   I mentioned that I thought my friend would like a recreation cover of the book I gave him and Kav immediately agreed to take on the challenge.   He had it done in no time and did an amazing job.

4 hours ago, Hudson said:

@kav does great work and is super nice about it.   I mentioned that I thought my friend would like a recreation cover of the book I gave him and Kav immediately agreed to take on the challenge.   He had it done in no time and did an amazing job.

@kav @Hudson Let's see the cover !!! 

On 8/4/2020 at 6:37 PM, oldrover said:

Random poster to Kevin.J: "Hey, I bet you don't have any more like that, right?"

image.jpeg.f0beda635bb44a53c8c71e29ce7cb9bc.jpeg

Kevin.J: "Hold my beer."

This is how I imagine Edgar Church's basement.

On 8/5/2020 at 6:22 AM, Hudson said:

I can understand the frustration of some collectors who feel as if one person owning more than one copy creates excess demand and drives the prices up, however, I wonder if those same people are as frustrated by the people who buy comics not for their own collections, but simply to flip them.

Um... duh!

Why would collectors not be annoyed by any and all actions that make it more difficult or expensive for them to collect what they want?

5 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Wow some amazing multiples posted here! Now for some of mine that are nowhere near as jaw dropping. 20200808_030347.thumb.jpg.782e61964942738bbc00f988d2029537.jpg20191002_011520.thumb.jpg.20c116281b2a89d3164aba9d857d8327.jpgIMG_20190317_204135016.thumb.jpg.41a78798193d78c77dd899804b4d3e6a.jpg20191002_005706.thumb.jpg.3f8bc9fbcf8217dc95f81fc73f8e93e1.jpgIMG_20190326_215355410.thumb.jpg.f058650de847a26cd181b9c62dbde701.jpg

still think one of the pictures I saw not too long ago really should be posted here, but not mine so instead I will tag the board member and see if he will share the picture here. @kobra65 would you share your 181's? 

That’s a lot of peanut butter. Never seen bloody platinum logo variants