• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick Mylites Question...

9 posts in this topic

So, when I ordered a ton of bags back in 2017, I guess I didn't look for mylar. Recent discussions have led me to buy mylar and switch out of the poly-bags they're currently in.

Mylites are not resealable, correct? I'll have to buy tap to close them? My current bags have resealable adhesive.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

So, when I ordered a ton of bags back in 2017, I guess I didn't look for mylar. Recent discussions have led me to buy mylar and switch out of the poly-bags they're currently in.

Mylites are not resealable, correct? I'll have to buy tap to close them? My current bags have resealable adhesive.

I. LOVE! the resealable bags. So convenient and dont have to bother with tape.

Unfortunately I havent seen a resealable mylites yet. Since they are more expensive I havent moved over to them, hoping they make a resealable version soon.

1 minute ago, Avi said:

I. LOVE! the resealable bags. So convenient and dont have to bother with tape.

Unfortunately I havent seen a resealable mylites yet. Since they are more expensive I havent moved over to them, hoping they make a resealable version soon.

I think I'm just gonna move some choice runs to Mylites (Death of Superman, New 52 Justice League) and keep others in the poly-bags. I also love the resealable ones.

I think that mylar will be best for those 20th century newspaper-like comics. Modern glossy-paper stuff will probably be fine on those resealable bags.

17 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think I'm just gonna move some choice runs to Mylites (Death of Superman, New 52 Justice League) and keep others in the poly-bags. I also love the resealable ones.

I think that mylar will be best for those 20th century newspaper-like comics. Modern glossy-paper stuff will probably be fine on those resealable bags.

Thats a good idea.
Slightly different note. I bought a pack of mylite4s and never used them. The plastic was so stiff I couldnt get a book and board into the dang bag! Not sure if Im doing something wrong with those.

5 minutes ago, Release The Kraken said:

IMO because

1. The adhesive is dangerous to the comic. I personally would never use any kind of resealable bag.

2. The sleeves wouldn't be 100% archival any more.

3. I don't think there'd be enough demand from collectors to make them a profitable product.

Fair enough...but adhesive is used all the time ie tape. and there is archival tape and glue. so (shrug)