• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four #164---Water damage
1 1

24 posts in this topic

Hey all.  Hopefully I don't waste everyone's time with this one, but I have limited experience dealing with water damaged books.  This is a copy I found in a box of comics belonging to someone I bought from.  It's a minor key that I'd like to add to my collection, but it might be better if I look for a cleaner copy.  The water damage and stains aren't the worst I've seen, but I haven't submitted a book to CGC that looks like this.  The staples don't show much rust, so I have no idea how it got wet.  The pages are affected, but they aren't stained.  Pressing and cleaning will help, I'm sure.  Grade I'm not so sure about.  Thanks for looking!!!

20200802_123951.jpg

20200802_123958.jpg

20200802_124007.jpg

20200802_124015.jpg

20200802_124024.jpg

20200802_124046.jpg

20200802_124054.jpg

20200802_124102.jpg

20200802_124111.jpg

20200802_124123.jpg

20200802_124211.jpg

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah, go for the better copy. Splash out! 

I agree...I just wasn't ready to give up on this copy yet.  It's a shame. :/

5 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Ewwww  

Exactly.  I almost threw it away, but I've never thrown a comic book in the trash in my entire life.  :roflmao:

3 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Exactly.  I almost threw it away, but I've never thrown a comic book in the trash in my entire life.  :roflmao:

You've got 'em out of the trash by the looks of it..... lol

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You've got 'em out of the trash by the looks of it..... lol

Or the previous owner did.  I got some good books out of that lot, including Action Comics #309...which is in for grading.  Unfortunately there were about 10 books (none of them valuable) that had water damage.  Maybe a basement leak or something.  I still have them because I hate to throw them out. hm

3 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Or the previous owner did.  I got some good books out of that lot, including Action Comics #309...which is in for grading.  Unfortunately there were about 10 books (none of them valuable) that had water damage.  Maybe a basement leak or something.  I still have them because I hate to throw them out. hm

You're a good sport. G130 (thumbsu

They're always there for reading copies. 

1 minute ago, Galen130 said:

:golfclap: