• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Funny Sales Listings
1 1

23 posts in this topic

For some of the old timers, this ad of Theo Holstein's OSPG ad always resonates when I think about funny sales listings.  Not sure if you can make out his Burt Reynolds pose (nakedness) but it jumped out at you in the OSPG.

He was selling on Ebay with wildly high prices for books under the name of preduction, I believe but not sure if he still does.

And kind of a sales ad for his comics, Stan Lee also did the full monty. 

theo.jpg.fde8f6fde5bcdf8a4c93182fc1f1b199.jpg

tumblr_m97r7x7u2T1qzoglfo1_1280.jpg?w=60

6 hours ago, telerites said:

For some of the old timers, this ad of Theo Holstein's OSPG ad always resonates when I think about funny sales listings.  Not sure if you can make out his Burt Reynolds pose (nakedness) but it jumped out at you in the OSPG.

He was selling on Ebay with wildly high prices for books under the name of preduction, I believe but not sure if he still does.

The thing that always gets me about this pic is that I'm sure Stan was saying "Oh, it's just for fun, you know?" But somewhere deep inside he was thinking "I am a stone cold hunk."

10 hours ago, F For Fake said:

The thing that always gets me about this pic is that I'm sure Stan was saying "Oh, it's just for fun, you know?" But somewhere deep inside he was thinking "I am a stone cold hunk."

Looks better in that picture than I do recently...

11 hours ago, F For Fake said:

More like ‘most comic book writers would only need a regular size comic book for this pose, but I need to use a larger  Treasury Edition.‘

He’s clearly bragging.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

More like ‘most comic book writers would only need a regular size comic book for this pose, but I need to use a larger  Treasury Edition.‘

He’s clearly bragging.

Bragging? That's not like Stan! He's so modest!

On 8/3/2020 at 10:04 AM, telerites said:

theo.jpg.fde8f6fde5bcdf8a4c93182fc1f1b199.jpg

Offering the same amount for a Marvel Comics #1 and a Marvel Mystery #2? Was there ever a time when the two books were even close to being similarly valued? 

Spider man #1 (spelling) is mentioned in the sale section, but AF #15 isn't mentioned at all? 

Edited by James J Johnson

On 8/3/2020 at 1:04 PM, telerites said:

He should've used "Giant Size Man-Thing" for the comic.