• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4
1 1

13 posts in this topic

This is a common problem I've seen with this book.  I had a poly-bagged copy as well and graded a 7.0 because of too many spine tics and creases.  A press won't help much here because of the color break.  It will grade below a 9.0...maybe below an 8.0.  IMO of course. :)

2 hours ago, Galen130 said:

This is a common problem I've seen with this book.  I had a poly-bagged copy as well and graded a 7.0 because of too many spine tics and creases.  A press won't help much here because of the color break.  It will grade below a 9.0...maybe below an 8.0.  IMO of course. :)

Thanks. I may leave it raw if that’s the case.  I have another really clean copy but it’s autographed by Sara Pichelli.  I might still send it in and just take the green label. 

3 minutes ago, RyanP1121 said:

Thanks. I may leave it raw if that’s the case.  I have another really clean copy but it’s autographed by Sara Pichelli.  I might still send it in and just take the green label. 

I would go for the 'Qualified' copy.  I regret buy my UF4 while still in the polybag, but I was new to the whole grading thing.  It was a kick in the you-know-what, but a valuable lesson learned.  Good luck!!! (thumbsu

13 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

I would go for the 'Qualified' copy.  I regret buy my UF4 while still in the polybag, but I was new to the whole grading thing.  It was a kick in the you-know-what, but a valuable lesson learned.  Good luck!!! (thumbsu

Qualified meaning green label?  I have heard I can request a blue label and the autograph will just lower the grade but i think I would prefer the higher grade with a green label.  At the very least it would be unique, I haven’t seen any green labels of the book on eBay

5 minutes ago, RyanP1121 said:

Qualified meaning green label?  I have heard I can request a blue label and the autograph will just lower the grade but i think I would prefer the higher grade with a green label.  At the very least it would be unique, I haven’t seen any green labels of the book on eBay

Yeah, green label is 'Qualified'.  I only have one and it's in my sales thread.  Lol.  I don't like books signed before I buy them, but the one I got was a freebie so I sent it in to CGC.  I wanted to send it back, but the store wouldn't let me. :roflmao:

Just now, Galen130 said:

Yeah, green label is 'Qualified'.  I only have one and it's in my sales thread.  Lol.  I don't like books signed before I buy them, but the one I got was a freebie so I sent it in to CGC.  I wanted to send it back, but the store wouldn't let me. :roflmao:

I get it. I got the two copies of Ultimate Fallout 4 on a ridiculously low price at a comic show last summer and I do wish the cleaner book wasn’t signed for grading purposes, but still a great purchase and probably my best “score” ever. 

On 8/3/2020 at 12:28 PM, RyanP1121 said:

I don’t need a grade for the whole book, but just curious how much you think that nasty spine tick on the upper left might lower the grade on its own?  And would a press help this at all?  

FF0B0BB9-710F-4C7A-9C53-72628D263B6A.jpeg

If that is the only flaw then 9.2/9.4 is likely accurate.  You want to press this no matter if you think it is the only flaw or not (unless it has been pressed already).  The Polybag was brutal to this issue. 

Some that sent in without any spine damage and didn't press came back in the 8.0-8.5 range and lower.

2 hours ago, Crops068 said:

If that is the only flaw then 9.2/9.4 is likely accurate.  You want to press this no matter if you think it is the only flaw or not (unless it has been pressed already).  The Polybag was brutal to this issue. 

Some that sent in without any spine damage and didn't press came back in the 8.0-8.5 range and lower.

I will definitely press, it has the back cover crease from the poly bag but I do think it will press out. 

9 minutes ago, RyanP1121 said:

I will definitely press, it has the back cover crease from the poly bag but I do think it will press out. 

The back cover crease on mine pressed out completely.  It was left in the poly from release until roughly a year ago.