• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Closed

10 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

Thanks Newbike, and welcome to the boards! ... or welcome to commenting on the boards maybe I should say? 

Yes, the process I mentioned up above the photos outlines the presentation method that I came up with it and sourced the materials for. I tried to create something that would fit in decently among slabs. It fits well in CGC boxes, other than of course being a bit shorter than a slab and not having a top edge label.  

All the Thor ones of these mini books that have sold on ebay in far worse condition have been going for $35-45 each, so I tried to price this set fairly. Copies this nice are about $70-100+ each everywhere I can find, and it's definitely more difficult to find a set of all 6 colors. 

Let me know if you have any other questions at all!

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, it's one of the first times commenting on these boards. I've been a lurker for years :) and will be here much more since I can't buy on ebay anymore for obvious reasons. 

Love the DIY of your holders - very sweet. I have a bunch of these books at home and am always interested in them. Ah, I remember the days when I would waste my mothers' money trying to complete my set - damn you Millie the Model!! Looking forward to the new book about them coming out soon!

And you are so correct about your prices - think they're insanely reasonable. A catch to be sure!

Good luck to you and the lucky winner of this treasure!