• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot Flips order shipped to my old address

13 posts in this topic

I ordered some mylar archives from Hot Flips on July 18th.

I have not ordered from them since moving to Spring, TX in 2016.

I received an order confirmation from them on the 18th with my old Hurst, TX address. Oops! My fault!

I immediately replied to their e-mail with my correct address. I fixed the address in my Hot Flips account. I called them on the 20th about the address error.

I have been following the USPS tracking number every day. Today I see that the package is out for delivery to my old address. 

Am I screwed? Trying to figure out what I can do at this point. hm

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by icefires
Update info

Not all that helpful but this happened to me once.  It was a $300 book and the dealer sent it to the address he had on file for me (my fault for not updating) but I honestly didn't think about since I assumed it would be sent to my paypal address (which was accurate) and how I paid.

I went to my old house and asked the current owner if they had it.  Luckily, they returned it to the dealer who then sent it on to me.  

I, of course, updated my address on my account with the dealer and all turned out good for me.

So if it cannot be intercepted, perhaps you can try to contact the current resident at your old address if possible and have them hold it once received.

19 hours ago, telerites said:

Not all that helpful but this happened to me once.  It was a $300 book and the dealer sent it to the address he had on file for me (my fault for not updating) but I honestly didn't think about since I assumed it would be sent to my paypal address (which was accurate) and how I paid.

I went to my old house and asked the current owner if they had it.  Luckily, they returned it to the dealer who then sent it on to me.  

I, of course, updated my address on my account with the dealer and all turned out good for me.

So if it cannot be intercepted, perhaps you can try to contact the current resident at your old address if possible and have them hold it once received.

Thank you.

My old address is 250 miles away. I have sent a message to the phone number I have for the people that bought the house, asking them if a friend of my wife's can pick up the package. I hope they reply. :wishluck:

I have tried contacting Hot Flips in every way possible to see if they can help - calling, leaving a message, e-mailing, sending a message on their FB page, completing the "Contact us" form on their website. No response. I updated my address on their website immediately after receiving the order confirmation e-mail. I replied to their order confirmation e-mail with an explanation and my new address. I have heard nothing back, nada. This is not the Hot Flips I so fondly remember. Yes, it is my fault, but I tried to correct it immediately. No help from them. :(

Edited by icefires
update

I think it will depend on how it was sent. First class and priority is returned to sender if they can't deliver it. Most other classes go back to the local PO and sit there awhile before they are trashed.

19 hours ago, icefires said:

Thank you.

My old address is 250 miles away. I have sent a message to the phone number I have for the people that bought the house, asking them if a friend of my wife's can pick up the package. I hope they reply. :wishluck:

I have tried contacting Hot Flips in every way possible to see if they can help - calling, leaving a message, e-mailing, sending a message on their FB page, completing the "Contact us" form on their website. No response. I updated my address on their website immediately after receiving the order confirmation e-mail. I replied to their order confirmation e-mail with an explanation and my new address. I have heard nothing back, nada. This is not the Hot Flips I so fondly remember. Yes, it is my fault, but I tried to correct it immediately. No help from them. :(

I had an issue with them and called just recently, less than 2 weeks ago.  I have a reminder to call them back to see if the problem product is back in for them to ship me new bags.

I just called the 800 number on their website.

Hope you get resolution! :(

20 hours ago, icefires said:

Thank you.

Did you send them a PM here?  I assume it goes to the same email addy as you have already tried but if not, you can try it here.

I hope you get it resolved.  Best of luck.

18 hours ago, telerites said:

Did you send them a PM here?  I assume it goes to the same email addy as you have already tried but if not, you can try it here.

I hope you get it resolved.  Best of luck.

No. That's the only thing I didn't do.

Anyway, the package got delivered last night. 

I don't know and have never met the people who bought my old house. I was able to get name and phone number from the real estate agent who sold the house.

I texted her and she was very nice. A friend of my wife's is going to get in contact with her and pick up my package today. 

She will go to a pack n mail type place and ship it to me UPS or Fedex. USPS is really screwed up right now.

19 hours ago, Crops068 said:

I had an issue with them and called just recently, less than 2 weeks ago.  I have a reminder to call them back to see if the problem product is back in for them to ship me new bags.

I just called the 800 number on their website.

Hope you get resolution! :(

Yes I called the 800 number and left a message. No return call. 

Just now, icefires said:

No. That's the only thing I didn't do.

Anyway, the package got delivered last night. 

I don't know and have never met the people who bought my old house. I was able to get name and phone number from the real estate agent who sold the house.

I texted her and she was very nice. A friend of my wife's is going to get in contact with her and pick up my package today. 

She will go to a pack n mail type place and ship it to me UPS or Fedex. USPS is really screwed up right now.

Sorry for the hassle but with a lot of work on your end and some extra shipping, it looks like it is going to work out. 

On 8/4/2020 at 7:42 PM, icefires said:

Thank you.

Update:

USPS tracking said "Package delivered 7:22 PM" on August 5th.

My wife's friend contacted lady who bought my house on August 6th to set a convenient time for pickup and was told no package was delivered.  I went back into USPS tracking and it now said "Package returned."  Huh?

So I tried calling Hot Flips again and this time someone answered. I was told yes it was coming back to him and he would send it to the right address.

Had a long conversation with him about all of the problems caused by Covid. Very nice guy - not sure if he was the owner as I really don't know that much about Hot Flips.

Anyway, all is good. (thumbsu

Edited by icefires