• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Philly Comic Con Aug 9th Mini Show

10 posts in this topic

Something is better than nothing has been one of my mottos so we are going to do something 

Due to Covid guidelines in place we are limited to 25 people at any point in time during the day. Which translates to 7 dealers and 18 customers max per hour. A confirmed appointment is a MUST to attend on Sunday. If you don’t make an appointment then you will not be allowed inside. Also a must is face coverings to be worn properly (covering both nose and mouth) anytime inside the hotel itself besides the ballroom where the show is. Cosplay works out just fine for this except it has been rather hot out. Hand sanitizer will be available for use before you enter the show. Social distancing of 6 feet also must be followed. Since they are 6 foot tables in the room then we have to ask only one person per table while checking out the wares. 

You can find out available time slots by emailing the promoter Derek Woywood by using dwoywood@yahoo.com or by calling 856-217-5737. 

Time slot from 9 to 9:59 is our senior hour for those 60 and over. Though they can have another appointment time if that is too early for you. Slots will be hourly on each hour limited to 59 minutes browsing time in the room. For example if your appointment is for 11 and you show up at 11:30 then everyone has to vacate the room by 11:59 for the next wave of comic hungry fans. So please honor your appointment. 

Admission is FREE and parking is free. No guest artists or door prizes. 7 dealers coming from far and wide setup on 25 tables so enough to check out especially with free admission. 

Clarion hotel 
Time slots are now open and they are:
9 for seniors only
10,11,12,1,2,3 with the show ending promptly at 4 PM. 

Dealers setting up this show are:
Daves American Comics
RC Comics
Derek Woywood 
AA comics and cards
Robs Kool Komics 
Jimmy Montgomery 
And last but not least Gene Carpenter of All-American Comics heading up from the DC metro area. 

I'll be set up! I have accumulated a ton of stuff over the past 6 months since my last show! I'll have nearly every Bronze Marvel #1! Nova! Ms Marvel! Iron Fist! Dr. Strange! Warlock (and Marvel Premiere)! Marvel Two-in-One! Spider-Woman! What am I missing... So much, I can't even remember!

My $5 books are 5 for $20! My $3 boxes will be 4 for $10, 10 for $20. My 50-cent bins will be 25 for $10! I want to come home with significantly fewer comics than I arrived with!

1 minute ago, wombat said:

One thing is for sure, you won't have to elbow people to dig through boxes. I hope you guys get a good turnout. 

And you won't have to be the first person in line or fear that you're going to miss all the good stuff. There will be plenty to go around.

19 hours ago, RCheli said:

My $5 books are 5 for $20! My $3 boxes will be 4 for $10, 10 for $20. My 50-cent bins will be 25 for $10! I want to come home with significantly fewer comics than I arrived with!

(worship)

42 minutes ago, Bird said:

I heard it was pretty slow...pretty pretty pretty slow.

I thought about going. But honestly I thought there would be a lot of pressure on buyers since there weren't that many at a time. Seems like it would have been a bit uncomfortable. 

The turnout wasn't the best, but it was worth it just to be out and talk comics and see what is out there. People were able to stay for as long as they wanted and I saw some guys and gals I hadn't talked to in months, so that was a good thing. I don't think anyone had super high expectations, so it wasn't like it was a surprise. Derek announced it as soon as he was able (August 1st), so there was a rush to promote and get the word out, and not enough people heard or they already had plans.

Everyone wore their masks and were very polite in their distancing. I will say it was hot as all get out in the afternoon, so loading up the car wasn't fun, but you do what you have to do.

There's going to be another one September 20th, and I'm sure it will do better the next time out.