• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Contest!! Starts 7-31-21. See Page 5 for Details- Prizes are free CGC grading for the winners. All boardies in good standing can enter!
4 4

196 posts in this topic

I don't want to be a charity case here, but this could really help. Things...things haven't been going well for my family.

My wife has recently gone part-time at her job, and my kids and grandkids are here a lot. My work is very busy (sales are historic). My grandson Ashton is growing like Groot, and constantly needs new clothes. Everybody's so  healthy; I was really hoping for some of that sweet, sweet paid time off. Just my luck. And now...now my wife has gone up two cup sizes. Her bras are so expensive, and our new house costs us OVER $200 a month.

I'll come right out and say it. This comic will never be graded if I don't win.

image.thumb.jpg.6b35ad05ae7c5d40de2a6aa13f8b0185.jpg

5 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

What a really nice gesture turning your personal win into a contest/prize for the other members of the board. However it pans out--- congratulations on your fantastic registry set!  Hope it goes well!

Not an entry-- just a friendly comment.

You're in!

16 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I don't want to be a charity case here, but this could really help. Things...things haven't been going well for my family.

My wife has recently gone part-time at her job, and my kids and grandkids are here a lot. My work is very busy (sales are historic). My grandson Ashton is growing like Groot, and constantly needs new clothes. Everybody's so  healthy; I was really hoping for some of that sweet, sweet paid time off. Just my luck. And now...now my wife has gone up two cup sizes. Her bras are so expensive, and our new house costs us OVER $200 a month.

I'll come right out and say it. This comic will never be graded if I don't win.

image.thumb.jpg.6b35ad05ae7c5d40de2a6aa13f8b0185.jpg

An honest to goodness tear jerker, you're in! And congrats on the cup size increase.

I'd love to enter, but due to an inner ear condition, I'm not good at standing at all, I'm afraid.

What's that?

Oh, I see.

Never mind.

21 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Hi electricprune

my registry set will never win any major CGC award as it is not high grade , but it is complete and i did put my heart and soul into it to making it nice with pictures and descriptions of every book, plus i live in Lansing so i can get a package to you quickly !

Gettysburg

Set Type: Our Army At War #1 - #80
Owner: 1950's war comics
Last Modified: 6/4/2015
Views: 834

SET DESCRIPTION:

DC golden/silver age war, one of the DC BIG FIVE war issues. Trying to achieve a goal of 100% graded completion, it has a mixture of lower to mid grade and with a few nicer ones thrown in. Please enjoy looking at a first time attempt at a larger CGC graded run of issues, and some of the most colorful and best covers of early DC war.

Update 04/15 this set has been so much fun searching for, filling holes, getting them graded and then adding to the registry that I almost want to do it all over again !

85% of this set was purchased raw and submitted for grading, most of these from Ebay, some from the Motor City Comic Con and the remainder were bought already graded from various web sites, auction houses and the CGC boards

Go Green!