• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Contest!! Starts 7-31-21. See Page 5 for Details- Prizes are free CGC grading for the winners. All boardies in good standing can enter!
4 4

196 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, electricprune said:

3 PM Eastern. Time for the results!

Ok, folks, the grades are in! First off, I want to thank everyone for entering. Secondly, let me tell you how I did it. I gave my wife a piece of paper and told her to write down each contestant's name. Then I either read her the entry or showed her the picture. After that, she would enter her grade without showing or telling me what it was. I would then give her my grade.

Seems easy, right? Wrong!! While giving he one of my grades, the American judge (me) was viciously attacked by the Italian judge (my wife) for a grade she disagreed with. I had my hair pulled and I now have scratches "about my face, breast, chest, neck and head!" 

In the end, it became clear that I could not give out just one prize. I am going to give three!!! Here they are:

Reveal hidden contents

Grats winners :)

7 minutes ago, electricprune said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I also want to add this. My interactions with the winners, to the best of my knowledge have been this:

Crops 068 and Adamantium: I THINK Crops may have purchased books from me in the past. I don't recall anything else. Adamantium and I have had very little direct interaction except a few likes on the CGC Return times thread. I don't recall anything else.

Kilowatt- I think he has maybe purchased from me before as well. I don't even know that for sure.

BKD Reader- I don't think we have had a single interaction before this thread. At least that is to the best of my knowledge.

Don't think I have purchased anything from you.  Come to think of it, I have only bought from 1 person off the boards thus far. :)

Edited by Crops068
Misread, corrected.

13 minutes ago, electricprune said:

3 PM Eastern. Time for the results!

Ok, folks, the grades are in! First off, I want to thank everyone for entering. Secondly, let me tell you how I did it. I gave my wife a piece of paper and told her to write down each contestant's name. Then I either read her the entry or showed her the picture. After that, she would enter her grade without showing or telling me what it was. I would then give her my grade.

Seems easy, right? Wrong!! While giving he one of my grades, the American judge (me) was viciously attacked by the Italian judge (my wife) for a grade she disagreed with. I had my hair pulled and I now have scratches "about my face, breast, chest, neck and head!" 

In the end, it became clear that I could not give out just one prize. I am going to give three!!! Here they are:

Reveal hidden contents

3rd place- Crops068 Crops was the only one that made his entry via PM. He really had to do it because he was submitting on behalf of his friend. He wanted to thank him for being so nice to him and others when he joined the boards not too long ago. He finished a half point short of the second place finisher and had he had the extra half point, he would have tied. So Adamantium is the third place finisher! Prize is one Modern or 1 Value!

2nd Place- Kilowatt! He finished very high with both judges. Prize is two moderns, or one Value and one Modern!

And the Winner!!!

BKD Reader! With an overall high grade of 9.5 from the Italian judge and an 8 from the American judge, he finishes with an incredible score of 9!! You can choose 2 Value and 1 Modern, or 3 Modern if you prefer.

I will update how they are moving through the process in this thread. With everyone's permission, I will share the books and grades as well. If you are not comfortable with that, they will not be shared. I will send each winner a PM shortly!

I'm in awe! I didn't ask for the generous words.... this is really kind of humbling. I had no idea that...... was in the works, but thank you @Crops068 and @electricprune as I said very humbling!:blush:

I finished half a point down or I'd have tied for 2nd, and I wasn't around to help with your deserving registry slabs or I would have earned a the half a point to officially be tied for 2nd.....

The chutzpah and/or zeal to offer 3 prizes instead of just one, still very humbling, once again Thank You! @electricprune I'm honored :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Spoiler

Yay! Thank you! It really was fun to write that out. Big thanks to the judges, though I hope I'm not the reason the American judge was beaten. It's so incredibly generous that you decided to turn 1 prize into 3. Big congrats to all of the other winners! I have no clue what books to pick. Thank you!!

Well it looks like I’m going to have to go to that great comic con in the sky without slabbing a book. I guess that kicks the bucket...list.

At least my wife won’t have to hear me grumbling about “what good is a comic you can’t read”?   :roflmao:

Great thread Prune and very generous of you. Was fun!

Congrats to the worthy winners!