• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else having trouble with combined shipping on SS Series books from CGC?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

It will be my first time submitting books for CGC's in house signature series (well first time ding it myself). I am submitting 2 books and I see 2 fed ex charges, one per book. Is that normal? I tried both with pressing, none with pressing and one of each, same outcome. Do they not combine shipping of SS books?

Let me know

image.thumb.png.292d632febd5e127aaed8038e5d883f1.png

Edited by William-James88

Been a while since I've subbed books, but if I recall, submissions of the same type are lumped together.  So all Modern subs would be sent back in a FedEx shipment.  All Value subs in another.  Basically, different services, different shipping.  Kind of annoyed me that they couldn't help save me money and lump my shipments into one thing.

21 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Been a while since I've subbed books, but if I recall, submissions of the same type are lumped together.  So all Modern subs would be sent back in a FedEx shipment.  All Value subs in another.  Basically, different services, different shipping.  Kind of annoyed me that they couldn't help save me money and lump my shipments into one thing.

Does having them pressed make a difference? Like some pressed and others not? Or different custom labels?

3 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Does having them pressed make a difference? Like some pressed and others not? Or different custom labels?

Yes.  Call CGC and tell them to group your submissions.  That will knock off the second shipping charge.  Just realize that they will hold the first completed book until the second one is done, which may be way later.  

1 minute ago, jaybuck43 said:

Yes.  Call CGC and tell them to group your submissions.  That will knock off the second shipping charge.  Just realize that they will hold the first completed book until the second one is done, which may be way later.  

I am in no rush, these things take forever anyways. Infinity plus one is still infinity.

(please don't mind me, I am very thankful for all your responses).

3 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

Ok I did a few tests, it's the custom label that's making it split. I picked carnage for one and venom for the other. I just picked two carnages now and its all good.