• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action 1 found in house in Montana ???

17 posts in this topic

Traveling through Montana. On a local radio station heard a story about a local couple who found a box in their house. Inside we’re some comics including action 1. 

according to news story local couple sent book “ended up with Vincent at Connect.com.”

I assume they meant comic connect. 

I dunno. Just passing story along

40 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Traveling through Montana. On a local radio station heard a story about a local couple who found a box in their house. Inside we’re some comics including action 1. 

according to news story local couple sent book “ended up with Vincent at Connect.com.”

:whatthe:

I saw a news feature with Zurzolo of Metropolis holding the book -- unless I'm mistaken, it was a 1.5 in a CGC holder.  Zurzolo commented that family members fought over the newly-found book and created a large tear in the back cover.  The tear has obviously resulted in a tremendous loss in dollar value considering the book involved.  (Currently the CGC census shows two universal 1.5 copies.)

Edited by EC Star&Bar

4 hours ago, NoMan said:

Don’t they all end up there sooner or later? :insane:

44 minutes ago, EC Star&Bar said:

I saw a news feature with Zurzolo of Metropolis holding the book -- unless I'm mistaken, it was a 1.5 in a CGC holder.  Zurzolo commented that family members fought over the newly-found book and created a large tear in the back cover.  The tear has obviously resulted in a tremendous loss in dollar value considering the book involved.  (Currently the CGC census shows two universal 1.5 copies.)

that's quite an old story no?

1 hour ago, EC Star&Bar said:

That particular comic was found in Minnesota not Montana.  

The whole tug of war ripping the cover is the funniest part of that story.

edit** whoops I should have read the thread to the bottom.... I didn't see the post directly above mine.

Edited by gadzukes

In the CBR story, Fishler mentions the tear dropped the value by $75000 (mentioned in this thread) -- which I'm almost certain is the exact same amount Zurzolo claimed, so that confirms it's the 2013 find in the video I saw.

I didn't realize the story went back so far.  We never did find out which other comics were in that find (not that it matters).

1 hour ago, jpepx78 said:

I guess news travels real slow in Montana? :)

Story is from 2013 and comic found in Minnesota.

A tear cost $75000?

https://www.cbr.com/action-comics-1-found-in-wall-of-house-sells-for-175000/

Bet they are looking forward to seeing Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy opening in theatre's  in Montana next year too...:baiting:

9 hours ago, EC Star&Bar said:

In the CBR story, Fishler mentions the tear dropped the value by $75000 (mentioned in this thread) -- which I'm almost certain is the exact same amount Zurzolo claimed, so that confirms it's the 2013 find in the video I saw.

I didn't realize the story went back so far.  We never did find out which other comics were in that find (not that it matters).

Actually we do know the other comic was a centaur , mark Haspel showed it to me a few years back 

58 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Well, I guess we know why that one wasn't mentioned...nobody cares about Centaurs...:baiting:

Once upon a time there was a Gator from Florida who swore he would make every Centaur his own...

69A831C7-39CF-43CB-912F-30E10837CAAF.gif.6f1b26804328fda56e4c64a4c88a27d1.gif

2BC33871-AE06-4E18-AA9E-BE46AB0D94BE.gif.3f19bd5d0c2868df056245e974b13f3f.gif

A9D07CA9-8A51-4E21-BE85-5C1590BEDDAB.gif.7617f28c8885d626ebecaeac47e8b32e.gif