• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel and maybe something more, 1st Moonddragon, ASM #121-122, FF #65 -- selected DISCOUNTS for previous purchasers
3 3

80 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-Man #121
The Green Goblin kills Gwen Stacy in "The Night Gwen Stacy Died".
Story by Gerry Conway, art by Gil Kane with inks by John Romita Sr. and Tony Mortellaro. John Romita cover.
VGFN (overall creasing, minor staining).
$210
PPO $195

FnovzGW.jpg

zlrypbg.jpg

Edited by vaillant

Amazing Spider-Man #122
Death of the original Green Goblin in "The Goblin's Last Stand", ---script by Gerry Conway, pencils by Gil Kane, and inks by John Romita Sr. and Tony Mortellaro.
FN+, minor rippling brc fc, minor creasing. Nice midgrade.

$190

PPO $175 SOLD Changer

Spoiler

61DhLK8.jpgtJ1XiZh.jpg

Edited by vaillant

:news: I have been receiving a few offers on some of the more desirable books via PM.

As I stated in my first post, unfortunately I am selling these out of need, so I can’t contemplate discounts.

I will, however, offer selected duscounted prices on some, in case one has already bought on the thread, so hopefully this will be an incentive.

Thanks much for your understanding!

18 hours ago, vaillant said:

Amazing Spider-Man #39
"How Green Was My Goblin!", --script by Stan Lee, pencils by John Romita (who begins as regular penciler), inks by Mike Esposito (as Mickey Demeo) and John Romita.
I would grade this copy as a FN/FN+. Italian date stamp (June 1966) on front cover.

$300

p4p09Nf.jpg

6kNhXeX.jpg

Love that date stamp! So cool, and great placement.  It's fun to think about a fresh stack of these being unloaded onto a magazine stand somewhere in the Bel Paese in 1966. 

8 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

The first issue of ASM drawn by an Italian with an Italian date stamp ? This is WAY too cool .... :takeit: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

That is a very interesting fact Jimbo, I did not know that, certainly does make this book even more attractive, nice grab!

On 8/5/2020 at 7:39 AM, vaillant said:

Amazing Spider-Man #50
First appearance of Kingpin.
Low grade copy, I’d say about GD+/GVGD. It presents quite well, but it has front cover rippling due to humidity/water, some staining on back cover and overall creasing/general wear. All is attached and no pieces missing.
$275

RAQzfP4.jpg

mlGMo6D.jpg

take it

Many, many thanks for the purchases. :foryou:

What is still great about these boards is that (especially as you take the time to get acquainted with them) you really feel among friends.

@jimjum12: That ASM very likely has been in Italy since 1966. I did not buy it for cheap, but I bought it here, from a seller that had a few with these stamps.

9 minutes ago, vaillant said:

What is still great about these boards is that (especially as you take the time to get acquainted with them) you really feel among friends.

@jimjum12: That ASM very likely has been in Italy since 1966. I did not buy it for cheap, but I bought it here, from a seller that had a few with these stamps.

I had a lot of trouble resisting that stamp...., :cloud9: 

1 hour ago, vaillant said:

This will probably go into the "too sentimental to sell" stack..... along with the life of Jesus by Frank Hampson that I got from you. I'm real sorry to hear about Mom and Dad .... both of mine are gone as well.... I can still feel their spirits brushing against mine when I really need it. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Thor #205
"A World Gone Mad!", --script by Gerry Conway, pencils by John Buscema, inks by Vince Colletta; The Thunder God vs. Mephisto.
Beautiful copy in the VF to NM (VFNM) range of this tough black cover, almost without color breaking creases.
$28
SOLD Changer

Spoiler

VTOPuLA.jpgqUDKVTy.jpg

Edited by vaillant

Fantastic Four #80
First and only appearance of Tomazooma, the Living Totem in "Where Treads the Living Totem!", ---script by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby (co-plot), pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Joe Sinnott
Solid copy in FNVF range, with very nice page quality.

$26
SOLD Djohnson321

Spoiler

wQuHUAS.jpggpaTdZq.jpg

Edited by vaillant

3 minutes ago, vaillant said:

Fantastic Four #80
First and only appearance of Tomazooma, the Living Totem in "Where Treads the Living Totem!", --script by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby (co-plot), pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Joe Sinnott
Solid copy in FNVF range, with very nice page quality.

$26

wQuHUAS.jpg

gpaTdZq.jpg

Take