• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A before and after section?

4 posts in this topic

I read a lot of queries on would pressing help or other proper restorations techniques. Unless I missed it what about a channel devoted to before and after photos that tell of what the damage was. How a repair was done. How it might be done better. If it changed the value of the comic up or down.

your question is indeed well worth pursuing but the analysis would involve rather detailed photos of pre and post pressing which goes hand in hand with "Who did the work?" followed by grading issues pre and post.  It immediately starts to get dicey and you're asking the question on a company owned store site.  I have great problems with the site in that capacity and am very glad I'm not in the trade with comics.  What a large number of enthusiasts need is a  site which does not have a vested interest in the issue in consideration. That isn't here. I don't know enough to suggest where that would be and I doubt there will be much support here for helping you seek the solution. This is a company store and the participants are too frequently  close to the company.  Seek, maybe ye shall find. I simply don't know. Maybe you'll get some PM's that help. 

Seriously doubt that will happen here for many reasons. I will list the most obvious below.

1. CGC would not allow competition to showcase their skills. It would be like having one pressing company advertise on another pressing companies website. 

2. Most individuals that press for a living are not going to share the details of their work. There are many online tutorials that can take you so far, but you have to be fully vested to truly jump to the next level. 

On 8/5/2020 at 2:41 PM, MacAttack said:

I read a lot of queries on would pressing help or other proper restorations techniques. Unless I missed it what about a channel devoted to before and after photos that tell of what the damage was. How a repair was done. How it might be done better. If it changed the value of the comic up or down.

This site could interest you

http://www.kaptainmyke.com/comics/howtopresscomics.htm