• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I know when CGC has received my submission?

7 posts in this topic

Hey Everybody,

I sent my first submission to CGC last Wednesday 7/29...and have yet to hear if they have gotten it yet. I did track the package through USPS and it said it arrived 8/4 at 11:30 AM...guess I'm nervous and would just like to know the books are in their hands!

When do they usually let you know?

make sure you are logged in

go to cgccomics.com

click on My CGC (upper right) >>> My Submissions >>> View Status under Submission Tracking

look under status of Order # in question and see if it says Received or any other status of movement

breathe sigh of relief

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

Also it could take quite a few business days

to process 

like maybe up to ten when it’s busy

7 hours ago, revat said:

Also it could take quite a few business days

to process 

like maybe up to ten when it’s busy

Haven't we heard several times (as in more than one thread) that CGC is not near as busy as they usually are due to the fact that there are no comic book conventions? If you look at the Value tier, current turnaround time is 25 days. I remember seeing the Value tier with a turnaround time of 60+ days.

I think what irritates people is the fact that the clock doesn't start ticking until CGC marks the books as "received". When the books arrive at CGC, they're not just piled up on the ground outside the building, right? If I take a package from my mailbox and take it into my house, I would most certainly say that I "received" the package. I think people feel that the same standard should apply to CGC. If it honestly takes 10+ days to open a box and enter its contents into the system, I would say that something is out of whack. We're not talking about highly-skilled labor - open the box, bring up the invoice, click a button (or multiple buttons) to verify that all books listed in the invoice are present, and move the box to the next person.

When I sent in my first batch of books to CGC, I stressed about the turnaround time like there was no tomorrow. Each time I send another batch of books to CGC, I get stressed out about the turnaround time less and less. I have a batch of books currently getting pressed/cleaned, and said books will be delivered to CGC by the presser. With all the problems going on in the world right now, I think my concern that I might not get my books back until October, 2020, would rank around #1,234,567,809th.

Would I like to see my books now? Of course - who wouldn't? But there is no sense of getting your knickers in a twist over something you can't control.

You know, if my wife ever finds out that I wrote the sentence in bold, she is going to suffer an apoplexy. Other than being a substitute teacher, my wife claims that my real job title should be "professional worrier".

Edited by Joe Ankenbauer

I was wondering the same. They arrived on site last Wed and still not update. But like you said 10days. I guess most feel they just want to know if they arrived safely and are in the vault. Not just stacked on top of box and other boxes. Some are heavier then others. 

Well 10 days wow .. ok

On 8/5/2020 at 5:05 PM, dougster44 said:

Hey Everybody,

I sent my first submission to CGC last Wednesday 7/29...and have yet to hear if they have gotten it yet. I did track the package through USPS and it said it arrived 8/4 at 11:30 AM...guess I'm nervous and would just like to know the books are in their hands!

When do they usually let you know?

1 hour ago, Dilligaf said:

Did you ever see it received? I am at 6 days and chewing fingernails 

Give it a couple of weeks, your precious books are safe if they showed up at CGC, besides you have at least another 6 - 8 weeks before getting them back. Relax!