• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anybody ,,,
1 1

10 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Have a up to date list how many time a single GA character appears ?  Assuming top 3 are Bats Supes. and Archie’s gang WW a distant forth.  Heck , Archie May  lead the pack ? 

Are you specifically asking GA appearances, or all time?  The answer could be very different depending.

27 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Are you specifically asking GA appearances, or all time?  The answer could be very different depending.

All time.  Last number I saw didn’t include Archie. Was a couple of years ago. Batman was leading at around 16k.  Supes was a close second at 15k. WW was at 7k. Only 3 characters I could find 

2 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

I was thinking per comic. 

That's what I thought.  I was thinking of GCD but that I believe would show every story appearance but maybe you can select for only a book.  The problem of course is you need to run for each so you need to think of the more obvious ones and it would be a rear-end lot of work.

I was thinking character like Archie like you said, some of the Disney characters since they had multiple books and ran throughout the GA for the most part.

18 minutes ago, telerites said:

That's what I thought.  I was thinking of GCD but that I believe would show every story appearance but maybe you can select for only a book.  The problem of course is you need to run for each so you need to think of the more obvious ones and it would be a rear-end lot of work.

I was thinking character like Archie like you said, some of the Disney characters since they had multiple books and ran throughout the GA for the most part.

If you count global editions, not just US, the Disney Ducks would blow everything else away

If you are talking world wide then I would bet many Japanese comic characters would be on the top of the list. There have been titles that have come out weekly for 75 years there. Same with many British comics that have been coming out weekly since the 1920s with the same characters.

11 minutes ago, catman76 said:

If you are talking world wide then I would bet many Japanese comic characters would be on the top of the list. There have been titles that have come out weekly for 75 years there. Same with many British comics that have been coming out weekly since the 1920s with the same characters.

You may be right.  It comes down to do you count global reprints, or just first publication anywhere.

I’m finding it fascinating how we’re trying to define what on the surface was a simple seeming question.