• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Auction underway! Some awesome stuff in there
1 1

47 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, WoWitHurts said:

I like that it makes it difficult for the snipers who are trying to snipe a lot of books.

You do realize that with the availability of proxy bidding, sniping is irrelevant? If you put in a high enough proxy, a snipe never works. And, there is no reason to think a sniper wouldn’t bid the higher amount later if there weren’t a hard deadline.

14 hours ago, tth2 said:

The actual Garfield published strips don't cost very much.  Is there really a market for their prelims?

I don't know, but classic Garfield from the 70s and 80s are the golden years for me, so these '84 prelims caught my eye, anyway.

14 minutes ago, trimpehulk said:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/887973?tzf=1 

nice  All Byrne Fantastic Four 260 page featuring the best villain Byrne created Terrax/Tyros.

I admire your link sorcery in conjuring forth that piece. 

On 8/15/2020 at 9:45 PM, gumbydarnit said:

I’m bummed, I noticed all their art is graded VF 8.0... I never buy OA that isn’t 9.8 ... ok once I slummed it and bought a 9.6 ; )

Well apparently some collectors are interested in the offerings that CC has in today’s auctions, Thanks Micah

12 minutes ago, gumbydarnit said:

Anyone watch it to the end? If so where did the bidding end. At about 1hr to go the top 3 X-men pages were a respectable 35, 34 and 25k

The Byrne xmen pages were all available to buy for months at what the reserve was... Did not make sense that they would move.

So those X-Men pages neither sold nor went "back to the vault" but are still hanging out at asking prices that are - I was going to say "nihilistic" but I like "toxic" as First Upgrade said above. As the rabbits in Watership Down would say, those pages are now embleer.

Did the Kirby pages sell? Anyone see what they went for?

3 hours ago, NicoV said:

https://comicarttracker.com/comicconnect-auctions/2020-08-24 :)

Reveal hidden contents

“ One Site to rule them all, One Site to find them,
One Site to bring them all and in the Lightness bind them ”

Thanks.  I know is not OA related,  but I was also curious about the results of Mike King Concert Posters.

I should have put them on my watch list. ¬¬