ComicConnect Auction underway! Some awesome stuff in there
1 1

47 posts in this topic

1,168 posts
6 hours ago, tth2 said:

The actual Garfield published strips don't cost very much.  Is there really a market for their prelims?

Apparently there is a market for Jeff Foxworthy’s so, why not?

:foryou:

2,622 posts
13 hours ago, WoWitHurts said:

I like that it makes it difficult for the snipers who are trying to snipe a lot of books.

You do realize that with the availability of proxy bidding, sniping is irrelevant? If you put in a high enough proxy, a snipe never works. And, there is no reason to think a sniper wouldn’t bid the higher amount later if there weren’t a hard deadline.

167 posts
14 hours ago, tth2 said:

The actual Garfield published strips don't cost very much.  Is there really a market for their prelims?

I don't know, but classic Garfield from the 70s and 80s are the golden years for me, so these '84 prelims caught my eye, anyway.

14,069 posts

I am actually not tracking a single piece of OA in this auction.

2,298 posts

the Byrne Xmen pages were all available for sale prior to this, if the reserves are just what they were listed they are not attractive. 

45 posts
On 8/15/2020 at 9:45 PM, gumbydarnit said:

I’m bummed, I noticed all their art is graded VF 8.0... I never buy OA that isn’t 9.8 ... ok once I slummed it and bought a 9.6 ; )

Well apparently some collectors are interested in the offerings that CC has in today’s auctions, Thanks Micah

233 posts

The Byrne X-Men pages have respectable numbers on them but haven’t hit the reserves yet... a hour left, will they cross the finish line and be sold or go back in the vault???

434 posts

Reserve(s) not met...Those Byrne X-Men pages are 'toxic', at those prices, for certain.

233 posts
Posted (edited)

They are some really nice pages I’m surprised someone didn’t crack and buy one!

Edited by gumbydarnit

233 posts

Anyone watch it to the end? If so where did the bidding end. At about 1hr to go the top 3 X-men pages were a respectable 35, 34 and 25k

2,298 posts
12 minutes ago, gumbydarnit said:

Anyone watch it to the end? If so where did the bidding end. At about 1hr to go the top 3 X-men pages were a respectable 35, 34 and 25k

The Byrne xmen pages were all available to buy for months at what the reserve was... Did not make sense that they would move.

60,766 posts
1 hour ago, First Upgrade said:

Reserve(s) not met...Those Byrne X-Men pages are 'toxic', at those prices, for certain.

METALLIC SHIMMERY DIAMANTE LOOK TIE BLIND WINDOW VOILE SLOT TOP ...

1,183 posts

So those X-Men pages neither sold nor went "back to the vault" but are still hanging out at asking prices that are - I was going to say "nihilistic" but I like "toxic" as First Upgrade said above. As the rabbits in Watership Down would say, those pages are now embleer.

Did the Kirby pages sell? Anyone see what they went for?

743 posts
3 hours ago, NicoV said:

https://comicarttracker.com/comicconnect-auctions/2020-08-24 :)

Reveal hidden contents

“ One Site to rule them all, One Site to find them,
One Site to bring them all and in the Lightness bind them ”

Thanks.  I know is not OA related,  but I was also curious about the results of Mike King Concert Posters.

I should have put them on my watch list. ¬¬