• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Auction underway! Some awesome stuff in there
1 1

47 posts in this topic

$3500 for a nice 4 panel action page with Mister Miracle

$1850 for a ok non action page with Mister Miracle 

For just $5350 you could have had a Kirby collection starter kit... I like that period of Kirby and those pages were nice. Were the Kirby Cabal was asleep during that auction?!?

Edited by gumbydarnit

Probably three fold:

* Kirby art is readily available

* 70's art (not his prime period)

* Third tier DC character (with DC being valued significantly less than Marvel)

Heritage has sold a number of pieces over the past few years around these prices. I wouldn't expect them to increase anytime soon.

1 hour ago, gumbydarnit said:

How cool is it that Kirby was sooo prolific, that there is an easy entry point for just about every collector. Imagine what his prices would be if he had modest output... Kirby the gift that just keeps giving!

His style changed overtime so if you want early to mid 70's Kirby style, the prices are not unreasonable. 

I was tempted by those two Kirby MM pages and sort of wished I had pushed harder, but apparently unlike many collectors, Covid has clipped my wings on stuff like this. Glad I have some good Kirby already and would be happy to add more, but it will have to wait for another day.