• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting article on how much UV comes thru windows for collectors that like to display their comics.
1 1

20 posts in this topic

This supports the theory that Humans (and therefore comic books) did not originate on Earth.  If we had truly evolved here we surely would have had a built in defense to these rays by now.  The fragility of the Human species suggests that we more than likely came from Mars many years ago... this also explains why we are somehow 'drawn' back to the red planet.  Google it.

1 hour ago, Iconic1s said:

This supports the theory that Humans (and therefore comic books) did not originate on Earth.  If we had truly evolved here we surely would have had a built in defense to these rays by now.  The fragility of the Human species suggests that we more than likely came from Mars many years ago... this also explains why we are somehow 'drawn' back to the red planet.  Google it.

AE8C710E-3522-4975-8559-D9CC7DC7E1CA.jpeg

6 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

2.gif.d3a484239fb7e7f1789c64150a4733a8.gif

Same company that makes slab pros makes a reusable UV protector. I have them on all the slabs I have on display. My wife thinks I'm nuts for wanting my displays in the least light drenched parts of rooms. :ohnoez:

Edited by Lurker89

On 8/8/2020 at 10:04 AM, Iconic1s said:

_200809_205334_124.jpg.3191153f3e6f001b97229520cd6dbe2c.jpg

On 8/8/2020 at 3:33 PM, Lurker89 said:

Same company that makes slab pros makes a reusable UV protector. I have them on all the slabs I have on display. My wife thinks I'm nuts for wanting my displays in the least light drenched parts of rooms. :ohnoez:

Sit her down and tell her honey-some day I will sell these books, and light damage can turn a $1000 book into a $50 book-do you understand?  I'm doing this for US-

36 minutes ago, kav said:

Sit her down and tell her honey-some day I will sell these books, and light damage can turn a $1000 book into a $50 book-do you understand?  I'm doing this for US-

I've already sat her down and told her she can sell once my corpse is cold in the ground. I'm a dragon and comics are my gold.

“My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.”

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

I've already sat her down and told her she can sell once my corpse is cold in the ground. I'm a dragon and comics are my gold.

“My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.”

Maybe it is just me , but this sounds like encouraging her to get you engaged to a more dangerous and life shortening lifestyle.  Just be weary of surprise skydiving,  bungie jumping, tours of a volcano,  etc trips for you and your friends .

5 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Maybe it is just me , but this sounds like encouraging her to get you engaged to a more dangerous and life shortening lifestyle.  Just be weary of surprise skydiving,  bungie jumping, tours of a volcano,  etc trips for you and your friends .

The adrenaline junkie in me says that would be a welcome change of pace, as long as my parachute isn't filled with silverware.

4909b130055378715d211b9886c65bc0.thumb.jpg.83fc55260439e8c486997be5524c44f5.jpg

4 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

The adrenaline junkie in me says that would be a welcome change of pace, as long as my parachute isn't filled with silverware.

4909b130055378715d211b9886c65bc0.thumb.jpg.83fc55260439e8c486997be5524c44f5.jpg

Hahaha.. for some reason this scene from The Goods comes to mind..