• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Covers where heroes appear in sidebars or blurbs, but not in the cover feature.
1 1

67 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Oh what the heck .... it's a recent purchase and I seldom add to my Marvel Mystery stash, so I'll post it here! Marvel Mystery #19 with a tiny cover shot Sub-Mariner Comics #1!!!

Marvel Mystery 19 front.jpg

That's a beauty! (thumbsu

Love this book.  Have twins, in fact (one encapsulated, one not)! 

edited-image_zpswygafxcb.png

edited-image_zpscuyhywlj.jpg

LOVE them all Cat, but there are some notable things going on here that I MUST highlight!!! That MM #7 is a special book in that it features the only cover appearance of Irwin Hasen's Ferret and one of only two cover appearances of Electro, Marvel of the Age!!! That #7 also shares an oddity with Mystic Comics #3 in that those two comics are the only Timely books to picture the cover featured character in the sidebar as well!!! Odd, but to me, very cool!!! Additionally, the #7 marks the first of only three cover appearances of Ka-Zar!!! A very cool book with one of my favorite early Schomburg covers!!!  :banana:

Edited by Frisco Larson

6 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

That's a beauty! (thumbsu

Love this book.  Have twins, in fact (one encapsulated, one not)! 

edited-image_zpswygafxcb.png

edited-image_zpscuyhywlj.jpg

Thanks and wow, we've got triplets!!! Here's a "not so great" shot of my #19s back cover .... of course, advertising the third BIG issue of the Human Torch!!! 

Marvel Mystery 19 back.jpg