• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any specific comics you've been teased for owning?
1 1

42 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I’ve been complimented on how articulate I sound, but I agree that it might be a case of ‘ if only you knew how important comic books were in developing that’. 

Although I was actually very good at English Literature at school, the straightforward analysis of it, I always struggled to convert text directly into images in my head, primarily because of Aspergers.

As you said, you really can improve your vocabulary by reading comics, particularly the very florid prose I was exposed to back in the 70s, as delivered by Claremont, McGregor and Englehart, to name just three, and, simultaneously, have some brilliant and much more spatially, visually capable comic artists help me out with the images themselves.

I kept quiet about the comics at that time though, as there was too much condescension about.

I’m dyslexic and found comics incredibly hard to read as a kid with their phonetic / dialect spellings which was very frustrating as you can imagine since I loved comics. I don’t think I ever learned to read properly but instead just memorized all words as I got older. :roflmao:The neat thing is I’m reading a lot of the Bronze Age Marvels now and its really been a blast!

Edited by Xenosmilus