• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What will drop a 9.8 book down to a 9.6? 

58 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, J-KComics said:

A 9.6 isn't a terrible grade but the highe the better. :) Thanks for the replys. so what do you think this comic would/dhould grade at? Has creme to off white pages. Has nothing wrong to the back, well from what I can see.  riddler.jpg.95b84f0d54e2e35b7087f9f082bfd2bc.jpg

FYI, we can't tell with an image like that. You have to remove from the back and scan it front and back. Only way to grade accurately.

Thank you for the advice! Yes and no for storage locker find. I was on CL one night and messaged a guy selling a huge lot of comcs. He new he had a gold mind but didn't care.. I drove to OKC from Dallas,TX to get them.. I literally was a newb and could have bought 3k worth of junk. I knew enough about collectibles to know for the amount of books it was worth it. He found a storge locker full to the top with them. 

5 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

FYI, we can't tell with an image like that. You have to remove from the back and scan it front and back. Only way to grade accurately.

I didn't take one before sending it out sad day:cry:

2 minutes ago, Will78 said:

Good thing he didn't know how close to Heritage and MyComicShop he is!

He knew enough to bait me with The Flash 105. It was in amazing shape!  When I got through all the books once I was home, he said oh I must have sold it in another collection. FML

41 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Look at the spine. That ain't no 9.8 nor a 9.6. Really hard to call it a 9.anything.

16 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Look at the spine. That ain't no 9.8 nor a 9.6. Really hard to call it a 9.anything.

Agreed. I see what appears to be micro-tears and many spine breaks. I would start taking better pictures and asking for estimates on grades. If not, you will most likely be very disappointed with what you send in. 

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

I def new it was't in that grade. I thought maybe 7.5-8.5 range,

Edited by J-KComics
Wanted to fix my wording

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

Agreed. I see what appears to be micro-tears and many spine breaks. I would start taking better pictures and asking for estimates on grades. If not, you will most likely be very disappointed with what you send in. 

Thank you for your help :) 

No need to be 9.8 or bust I'm very happy with my 6.0 WBN 32.:nyah:

Got to love how touchy people get when someone mentions Voldy.

As long as you are not going PGX to grade your books you're in good shape. 

I strongly prefer CGC over the other main competitor but they both do good work. The CGC case feels much better in hand.

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I strongly prefer CGC over the other main competitor but they both do good work. The CGC case feels much better in hand.

I understand, what do you like better about cgc vs the competitor ? Besides the case ?

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

It doesn't have to do with being "touchy". The mods, at times, will nerf threads about competitors. We're just cautioning against too much discussion about them.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It doesn't have to do with being "touchy". The mods, at times, will nerf threads about competitors. We're just cautioning against too much discussion about them.

Things do get pretty Orwellian around here. Hence why they should only be refered to by their pseudonym.