• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you get Artgerm original art?

14 posts in this topic

I had originally thought that Artgerm does his comic covers digitally, but it looks like he does it traditionally and then enhances it.  I don't see any of his originals that were printed as covers on CAF, and only one on ebay.  I tried contacting him through his website and instagram and have received no response.  I did come across a message that some of his original art was available only to fans who lived in close proximity to him.  Does anyone know?

From what I understand, the majority of his covers are digital as you said, but I don't think many of them have a traditional component to them.

And yeah, a ton of money. When I first started collecting comic art in general, I reached out about a cover he did for KRS Comics. Whoever runs his FB page responded that the asking was 10k usd. I nearly my pants at that price.... I still do, actually.

17097584_10155137683950159_2869412310219

Dynamite once reached out to me about using my Vampi as a cover, but Artgerm told 'em he doesn't re-use commissions... i.e. more new biz for him. }:-)  And then began the Artgerm storm of Vampi covers for Dynamite...

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1522478

13 hours ago, Alex Nguyen said:

From what I understand, the majority of his covers are digital as you said, but I don't think many of them have a traditional component to them.

And yeah, a ton of money. When I first started collecting comic art in general, I reached out about a cover he did for KRS Comics. Whoever runs his FB page responded that the asking was 10k usd. I nearly my pants at that price.... I still do, actually.

17097584_10155137683950159_2869412310219

Was this the art that he was selling for $10,000?  If anyone knows where this ended up please let me know.  I would buy this.

On 8/8/2020 at 11:54 PM, Peter L said:

I had originally thought that Artgerm does his comic covers digitally, but it looks like he does it traditionally and then enhances it.  I don't see any of his originals that were printed as covers on CAF, and only one on ebay.  I tried contacting him through his website and instagram and have received no response.  I did come across a message that some of his original art was available only to fans who lived in close proximity to him.  Does anyone know?

Not sure if you've seen it or not already, but this is on eBay (asking $11k, but accepting offers):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184147647744

I knew his stuff was popular, but am legitimately surprised to see it in five-figure territory.  

Having seen his lines at big cons like C2E2 (dwarfing those of other big names), not surprised at all.

Inhyuk Lee is another wonder from East Asia whose prices are more affordable at the moment.  I'd say in digital he might be even more skilled, though Artgerm's pencils seem stronger IMO.

Edited by exitmusicblue

3 hours ago, ShallowDan said:

Not sure if you've seen it or not already, but this is on eBay (asking $11k, but accepting offers):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184147647744

I knew his stuff was popular, but am legitimately surprised to see it in five-figure territory.  

Yeah, this has been on eBay for a while, IIRC. It's pretty nice. And while I think he's good, i don't really see anything special about his style. There are so many digital/concept artists who have similar anime-esque figure styles who are just as talented. Maybe he was just smarter about it since his art is so hot.

1 hour ago, AnkurJ said:

Really wish I had splurged on this one. It's quite nice.

He is able to sell well and at high prices, but perhaps his secondary market prices don't come close to his original asking prices? $12k seemed a bit low for a cover by him featuring Batman and Catwoman, at that size.

53 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Having seen his lines at big cons like C2E2 (dwarfing those of other big names), not surprised at all.

Inhyuk Lee is another wonder from East Asia whose prices are more affordable at the moment.  I'd say in digital he might be even more skilled, though Artgerm's pencils seem stronger IMO.

Inhyuk is good, and his traditional art is getting better, but there was some shadiness that happened about a year ago where he was re-drawing some of his already published digital art covers and selling them as cover work.

10 minutes ago, Alex Nguyen said:

Yeah, this has been on eBay for a while, IIRC. It's pretty nice. And while I think he's good, i don't really see anything special about his style. There are so many digital/concept artists who have similar anime-esque figure styles who are just as talented. Maybe he was just smarter about it since his art is so hot.

Really wish I had splurged on this one. It's quite nice.

He is able to sell well and at high prices, but perhaps his secondary market prices don't come close to his original asking prices? $12k seemed a bit low for a cover by him featuring Batman and Catwoman, at that size.

Inhyuk is good, and his traditional art is getting better, but there was some shadiness that happened about a year ago where he was re-drawing some of his already published digital art covers and selling them as cover work.

Didn't know that about Inhyuk, yikes.

And 12k for a Modern cover is waaaay way upper echelon.