• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with Secret Wars #8?
1 1

43 posts in this topic

Any theories why SW#8 is has pretty much doubled it's price over the last month or so?  The only thing I can think of are rumors of the MCU's long goal of doing a SW with the Russo brothers but that gossip has been around for awhile.  This one ends in 5 minutes....:popcorn:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Super-Heroes-Secret-Wars-8-CGC-9-8/114335696484

Edit: Wow final bid was $545 for a Direct sales copy

Edited by Xenosmilus

47 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I'm a little surprised no one has any thoughts/comments on this...hm

I have some thoughts but probably I'm not the most knowledgeable.   I surf some more casual comic forums, and one of the most popular book sets that New collectors seek out are the first black costume spideys.  ASM 252 has shot way up over the last couple of years, so I think sw8 is the next, almost as good, substitute.  

5 minutes ago, waaaghboss said:

I have some thoughts but probably I'm not the most knowledgeable.   I surf some more casual comic forums, and one of the most popular book sets that New collectors seek out are the first black costume spideys.  ASM 252 has shot way up over the last couple of years, so I think sw8 is the next, almost as good, substitute.  

I am a Spidy fan but I never really liked the covers of ASM 252 and MTU 141.  I always thought SW#8 had the better cover (plus it had the origin) but alas it didn't come out first.

51 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I didn’t realize all copper keys were doing so well.

TMNT 1 and Albedo 2 have started to skyrocket into another universe. I wasn't sure if copper from the big 2 might go up as well, but seems to be the case.

And newsstand copies are jumping even more now as well. My UXM 266 newsstand 9.8 topped $1300 last month on Clink. Direct editions are less than half of that.

Edited by kimik

6 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

TMNT 1 and Albedo 2 have started to skyrocket into another universe. 

All prints of TMNT are going up right now. Just my luck as I was in the market for one. 

My guess is that people who had those comics growing up are now at an age where they can cherish them as "investments" and heirlooms and have the disposable income to get them. 

54 minutes ago, kimik said:

And newsstand copies are jumping even more now as well. My UXM 266 newsstand 9.8 topped $1300 last month on Clink. Direct editions are less than half of that.

Never mind the newsstand copies.

asm 210, 238, 252, 300, 361,365 etc, Hulk 340, Thor 337...on 🔥 

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

All prints of TMNT are going up right now. Just my luck as I was in the market for one. 

My guess is that people who had those comics growing up are now at an age where they can cherish them as "investments" and heirlooms and have the disposable income to get them. 

Yeah I was lucky enough to jump on this copy in time. They are in another stratosphere at this point!

9CD6BFC2-D45E-4983-85C6-9297AEBCD9A7.jpeg

On a similar note. I’ve been getting annoyed with buyers (not collectors) on Clink haha. They are paying over GPA on Clink (mostly late bronze /early copper) then post them like double/triple on eBay. Then the books just sit there...

I understand wanting to make a buck but if you want to invest play the stock market lol

Edited by Xenosmilus

3 minutes ago, god503 said:

Just picked this one up last week. But i have been eying for over a couple of months.  was able to work out what i believe was an equitable deal and pulled the trigger

aaaa.jpg

I got my 8.0 graded slab that I bought Raw for 1.50 back in the day!

Those are my first Del otto books as all my keys are copper and just turned modern because i never became a fan of the modern artist, but MY GOD CAN THIS MAN DRAW OR WHAT!!!!